[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Thread Shredding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoJo - Your quilting looks beautiful! You would never think when looking at it that you had any problems. Very frustrating, but the result is worth the frustration, IMHO.

Nancy

Comment

Thanks Nancy. You are too kind. Trying to stitch right on top of a previously stitched line is insanely hard for me. Everytime I thought I was right on top, I wasn't! It looked like I was drunk but I wasn't but maybe I should have been. <giggle>

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
      <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

JoJo, I've been following you thread but felt a little helpless because I don't know enough to give any advice on this particular topic. You really did good on the quilting you posted (I wish I could get those kind of results...) but I can understand your frustration. It would be really nice if it's your machine that needs a small adjustment, then everything else should fall into place. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Comment

JoJo. . .when you wrote that the thread jumped out of the top tension discs, I wondered if you had a cross wound spool on your spool holder. Those will affect your tension. It is better to use a spool holder so that the thread comes off the top of the cone. I hope you are taking your machine to see Nick in Newberg. So sorry that you had that much trouble quilting your project; but, your quilt looks awesome!

Comment

JoJo, I don't know your machine, but it sounds like there really may be something out of timing or some piece of thread caught in some odd place to me. I think I'd take it in to see. Hope you get it back in order soon. That can be really frustrating.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Beautiful swirls Jo Jo 8)

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Some of the symptoms that you have described remind me of a problem that I had with my Bernina 153. The problem was the needle and hook alignment. Please have your machine serviced as soon as your technician is available. There is no point in continuing to frustrate yourself.

Have that relaxing beverage and enjoy hand quilting in the interim.

Toodles,

Diane

Comment

Jo Jo, your quilt looks really good. I think you will come to love FMQ once the machine is behaving. There is so much experience to draw from in this forum. That's what I thought the first time I stumbled in and that's what I still think. Thanks all for participating

living in Central Denmark
                  Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

JoJo, The quilt looks good. If you can do that well with all the problems the machine was giving you, when you get that sorted out you are going to love FMQ and you'll be very good at it.

Comment

JoJo your quilt looks just great and I hope you can work out the problems

Taree NSW - Australia
                      My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 183 users online. 0 members and 183 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X