[vb_main_1]

Hand quilting the edges of a quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand quilting the edges of a quilt

Hi, all. I'm trying yet again to do some hand quilting, working on a small practice piece I started in a class I recently took. As I get closer to the edges, I'm finding it more difficult to quilt. I'm using a Grace square lap hoop that came with edge tools but without fabric or anything to attach the edges of the quilt to. I can't find any information/instructions/videos that shows how to actually use the tool. Is it as simple as sewing a piece of fabric to the tool, then pinning to the edge of the quilt? Or, is there something else I should be doing? Thanks for your help! Ron

Don't know about your hoops' "edge" tool but you've pretty well figured it out . It is simple.

Comment

Ron,
      If your backing is larger than the top, you can baste some muslin to the backing and then hoop your work. Just position the area you want to work on in or near the center and you should have plenty of room.
      HTH,

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Ron,

Yes, you are correct. Use a piece of scrap fabric, pin the edges of the scrap fabric to your quilt, hoop the edge that you are working on making sure the scrap extends past the hoop, and the edge tool hangs down from the scrap helping to keep it taught in the hoop. I hope that description makes sense.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
        <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

It is that easy! How wonderful! Thank you. Ron

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 77 users online. 0 members and 77 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X