[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Hand Quilting - Gridwork spacing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remember that I didn't invent this wheel!! I learned it from someone else! We gotta stick together in this sport!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Ha ha! Margo, you just saved the day. My doc and I had a very intense discussion yesterday about why NEITHER of us enjoy exercise! I know it's cause I would rather quilt and I'm sure he has a similar activity. I just don't enjoy the sweating (non-productive quality of getting my heart rate up!) This was even true before quilting grabbed my heart.

Now I can call it a SPORT! That means 'activity, right? Woo Hoo! Chalk another one up for TQS!!!! :twisted: ops:

Comment

Whoo Hoo!! Now I can tell my MD I am involved in my sport at least a couple hours everyday and 8-16 hours on the weekends. hmmm....I should be 'Twiggy' sized by now! :lol:

Comment

When my doctor told me I needed more exercise as I approached a certain age I was already considering quilting as exercise, I just didn't know I could call it a sport. Thanks, Margo. I'm not much into sports so this will make up for that! And I figure with all of the ups and downs of quilting (literally - up to press, down to sew, up to cut, down to baste, etc.) I'm getting some of that exercise. I too do not like to sweat unless I'm doing something constructive like yard work. Just going for a run doesn't do it for me. It seems a big waste of time that could be spent quilting.

Comment

Annis, I saw an ad for your 'invention' that is like (kinda) the easy angler. What are it's advantages over that particular item. Hey, FREE ADVERTISING! I didn't know you were an inventor!

Comment

Originally posted by QuilterLynn
              Annis, I saw an ad for your 'invention' that is like (kinda) the easy angler. What are it's advantages over that particular item. Hey, FREE ADVERTISING! I didn't know you were an inventor!
              Where did you see the ad? I quit getting most magazines and haven't seen it yet in the ones I get. It does lots of things, too many to mention in this post which is about hand quilting. You could use it to do gridwork for machine quilting though as long as your project was only about 10" wide. I keep it on my machine at all times and thought I was going to be using it to quick piece my BOM 4-patch blocks today but only managed to get the dark squares cut for the Christmas one and I started out cutting them the wrong size thinking I was doing the mini but I caught myself before cutting very many. I will do a demo on my blog when I do these and it will show a couple of things it will do using the guide bars and the red line extending from the needle, maybe later this week or next weekend.

Comment

Looking forward to your tutorial, Annis! Be sure to start a new topic for us so it will be easy for us to find!

In the meantime, here is a link to Annis's new tool!! http://www.amc-quilts.com/AMC_Designs/Seam_Guides.html

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I don't know where I saw it, but I'm thinking it was a review of new tools in one of the mags.

Comment

I think I'd use a half inch grid on a quilt that small. If you're new to hand quilting, you might want to take a look at a brand new blog called Cekebrate Hand Quilting. It's located at http://celebratehandquilting.blogspot.com/.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 82 users online. 0 members and 82 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X