[vb_main_1]

2-1/2 inch border Ideas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-1/2 inch border Ideas

I'm marking my Piecing through the Decades quilt and I'm stuck on the narrow borders. I'm hand quilting these areas and want something different. I've gone through my limited templates and hate everything. The inside blocks that have applique are marked with radiating spirals which look cool. These borders are surrounding the inside blocks (see green areas).

Also, I have a pretty big area in between the stars.

Any ideas of what I could do? Aren't I terrible. I'm always at a loss when it comes time to decide what to do with the quilting.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

JoJo, I have no idea how heavily you intend to quilt this, but I'm thinking that the green fabric's white dots makes it so busy that whatever you quilt there won't show a whole lot, so I would just do cross-hatching. It could be big like I've sketched, or double it if you are doing heavier quilting on the rest of the quilt.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo to the rescue again! Thanks so much for the ideas. I love the squiggly lines and continuing the geese in quilting stitches.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
      <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

JoJo, if you want to send me a straight-on shot of just one of the blocks with the surrounding sashing strips, I'll try to do a better sketch of a couple of curvy motifs for you.

Comment

Forget about the quilt. That little ball of fluff is gorgeous!!
          From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

That fluff ball is a doll! I agree with Margo about continuing the geese; the straight lines between the stars and I think with all those angles that some curves in that sashing would be a great mix.

Comment

Margo, Are you sure you aren't a computer guru? You amaze me all the time with your skills with all sorts of media BESIDES fabric and thread. You are a blessing to every member here, and, I am sure, to all those around you!

Comment

Originally posted by quiltycrafts
                Margo, Are you sure you aren't a computer guru? You amaze me all the time with your skills with all sorts of media BESIDES fabric and thread. You are a blessing to every member here, and, I am sure, to all those around you!
                Thanks, Bonnie! I'm afraid that I know just enough to be dangerous! LOL!!!

Comment

Just a quick question here........Margo, why were you awake at 3:00 AM :shock: :shock: :?: :?:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                  Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Just a little "mental-pause"... :roll:

Comment

Yes "The Amazing Margo" Don't we all love her?
                      I suffer from "Mental-Pause" too. Never know when I will be awake.

Comment

Me too. If I would just get up and do something I probably wouldn't mind so much but I never know when I will be called to work and so I pretend I am resting even if I don't sleep.

Comment

Ditto - Forget about the quilt. That little ball of fluff is gorgeous!!

Taree NSW - Australia
                          My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

For you gals with the 'mental-pause'. I started taking Shaklee's vitamin strip for over 50 and started to sleep through the night 3rd day in. So, I started not taking the vitamins one by one for about a week at a time to find out which one was doing it for me. Surprise - it was the vitamin E. Might want to give it a try. Now once I'm asleep I am there to stay (except for the need to get up).
                            Diane/Wyoming.

Comment

Thanks Diane! Most of mine is probably stress related, but Vitamin E is a good one to take!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X