[vb_main_1]

Thimble Lady Thimbles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thimble Lady Thimbles

Does anyone else use these thimbles and have you had the same problem. I bought both the thumb and the middle finger one perhaps 8 years ago at a major quilt show. I have loved them from the beginning. However, about three years ago, the needle began to pop holes thru to the finger. This happened on both. Of course the dimples that popped thru are those used most frequently and the ones that I automatically go to. Often the needle would break when it got caught in the hole. I e-mailed Liuxim (the thimble lady) about my problem. Her response was that she had some problems with the first units. Something that the medal was too soft, if I remember. She went on to say the new ones were better and I should try them. I paid nearly $125 for the set that I have - I sure cannot justify that amout again. I did find that putting super glue on both the inside and out of the thimble seemed to seal the holes and make them usable again. This lasted for a few years, but they are again poking thru. Just wonder if anyone else has had this experience.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Hi and for what its worth for me if she new the thimble had a manufacturing problem they should have been replaced, will be interesting to see what others have to say.

Taree NSW - Australia
    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Hi ! About those thimbles...I haven't worn mine thru yet! Guess I quilt less than you ! I did buy the
      stainless steel one for about $40.. more out of fear of losing the $$$ one than anything else. It should last a long time.
      I use it when going places and the silver one stays home. I love the method and recommend it frequently.

Comment

I am wondering if you know someone who solders or has a soldering gun and the metal they use. They should be able to put a tiny dot of the metal on the inside and/or the outside of the holes that are popping through. This would fix it for a much longer time than the super-glue. My husband is an electrician and he has one, so this is how I know. You might even advertise in the local newspaper for someone who does this or knows someone who does it. I would think that after paying $125 they would be guaranteed for oa LONG time!
        Quiltingly yours,
        From the beautiful
        Canyon Country of

South-east Utah!
        myraung@yahoo.com

Comment

For that kind of money, I would be writing her back and letting her know that if she KNEW there was a problem with the first ones, they should be replaced free of charge or at least for a nominal fee, not told that you should "try the newer ones". To me, that isn't very good customer service.

Comment

A jeweller should be able to silver solder the worn holes for you - but I am with the others that have said that it should be replaced free of charge. Silver is a soft metal - the stainless steel versions will last the best.

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMERANN
              Does anyone else use these thimbles and have you had the same problem. I bought both the thumb and the middle finger one perhaps 8 years ago at a major quilt show. I have loved them from the beginning. However, about three years ago, the needle began to pop holes thru to the finger. This happened on both. Of course the dimples that popped thru are those used most frequently and the ones that I automatically go to. Often the needle would break when it got caught in the hole. I e-mailed Liuxim (the thimble lady) about my problem. Her response was that she had some problems with the first units. Something that the medal was too soft, if I remember. She went on to say the new ones were better and I should try them. I paid nearly $125 for the set that I have - I sure cannot justify that amout again. I did find that putting super glue on both the inside and out of the thimble seemed to seal the holes and make them usable again. This lasted for a few years, but they are again poking thru. Just wonder if anyone else has had this experience.
              Try contacting her again with the info posted here. Negative publicity is very costly. Good luck.

Coast of South Carolina USA
              Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 64 users online. 0 members and 64 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X