[vb_main_1]

Spray basting for hand quilting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray basting for hand quilting

I'm interested in trying Patsy's wall spray basting technique, however I hand quilt. Will this method work OK for hand quilting too? Anyone got any experience with that?

I'd like to know too. have a king size quilt that is almost ready and that would really make it easier I think.

Comment

I use 505 on all of my quilts--machine and hand quilted. Haven't had any problems as long as I used cotton or wool batting. Didn't like the results with polyester batting.

Comment

I've used spray basting on a wool batting I'm hand quilting with no problems at all. However, it won't stay stuck forever, so if you're going to be quilting it over an extended period (4+ months), you may have problems later on.

Comment

hmmmmm - interesting information

Comment

Originally posted by alibeoley
            I've used spray basting on a wool batting I'm hand quilting with no problems at all. However, it won't stay stuck forever, so if you're going to be quilting it over an extended period (4+ months), you may have problems later on.
            Thanks for the information. I'll probably be working on it for longer than I want to think about so maybe I'll usethe spray and then some light basting too. At least with the spray maybe I can get it flatter without worrying about puckers in the back.

Comment

Hi there

I hand quilt and have no trouble with the basting spray. You wouldn't know it was there really.

Cheers
              Ruth

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X