[vb_main_1]

Quilting Concentric Circles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting Concentric Circles

I'd like to echo quilt concentric circles around appliqued circles, starting at about 2 inches in diameter and going up to 5-6 inches at the outermost echo. I want them to be EXACT, so I won't eye-ball it. Any ideas for how to do this? Marking? Tools? BTW, it is a satin quilt. Bought dupioni in the NYC garment district on a trip last winter. Thanks!
    Lesley

Advice from a LADYBUG: spot new opportunities, spend time in your garden, be well-rounded, enjoy the wonders of nature, don't let small things bug you, keep family close by and be simply beautiful! -Ilan Shamir-

Carol Taylor is the expert on this. Check out her website.

Comment

Yes, I took a class from her, but it did not include this method. I don't think her website gives you the details of how-to.

Comment

I would suggest using either freezer paper or contact paper. Put several layers together - using either a ruler specifically for circles or a compass that will make circles the size you need them draw the circles and cut them out. Since its important to be exact make sure you have some kind of marking on the quilt and on the template that will give you a guide to use the different size circles needed. Both of these are easily repositionable.

Teri
        Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

That's an interesting idea, I hope you'll post a picture of the final quilting I bought a great tool on Ami Simms's website a few years ago ( http://www.amisimms.com/clco.html ) that does a great job, and it's about as inexpensive as you can get.

What a coincidence that her group, Alzquilts.org, is featured on today's blog.

Good luck! Brita
          Teri

Comment

Great ideas, thank you! I also emailed Carol Taylor, who very graciously replied with info about her technique. What a great community to be a part of - quilters rock!
            Teri

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 59 users online. 0 members and 59 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X