[vb_main_1]

Aunt Becky's Finger Protector - QTV demo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aunt Becky's Finger Protector - QTV demo

You need to see this demo on how to use Aunt Becky's finger protector, which is available for free on QTV at http://www.quilterstv.com/?bcpid=133...mp;_techniques

BethMI

Wow......... Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Thanks Beth!

Comment

wow! I have one and forgot how to use it! Thanks!

Comment

I was thrilled to watch the video about how to use Aunt Becky's tool. I have one, but couldn't get the technique down from the directions. Thank you! Now I will practice this and hopefully speed up my hand quilting.

Comment

The Aunt Becky thing makes me think I might start hand quilting again. Who sells it?

Comment

I have seen the Aunt Becky's finger protector in most of the quilt shops I've been in, but there is never any explanation on how to use it, and no one at the store ever knows, either. Interesting video, huh?

Comment

I bought one a while ago - but have only had a very quick go with it. They only cost about four pounds here - $6 or so I guess - Jean Brown promotes using a thimble with a ridge on the top to get a grip on the needle. I can see that it will work but like everything it needs practise to get used to it. I also bought the quilt frame on the circular base which leaves both hands free. I have tried everything going to try and master hand quilting - I tried Liuxin Newman's thimble, didn't work for me - have tried without a frame at all, which was ok but it is difficult to get to the middle of a large quilt when you are grasping the cloth with your left hand. I think this device is probably going to work best for me.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 43 users online. 0 members and 43 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X