No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Can I combine a pieced cotton top with a fleece backing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another thought: I've used cotton tops and fleece backings successfully using "quilt as you go" technique. I cut the fleece backing to desired finished size plus an allowance for binding. I then stitch the cotton strips on as desired, often in a simple log cabin or crazy quilt pattern. The "quilt as you go" technique minimizes the amount of fleece I'm trying to keep smooth at any one time. When the pattern is complete, the extra allowance for binding is then pulled to the front and stitched for a quick, easy quilt.

I donate these quilts and don't know the final recipient. Some charities are concerned about potential safety hazards of tied quilts becoming untied; e.g., loose threads and young children.

Good luck.

Comment

That sounds like a wonderful way to solve this problem. I took the easy way out, however. Made a traditional quilt and then just did a totally fleece blanket. They both turned out well and I probably was able to get the two of them done in the same time that struggling with just one would have taken.

R.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 38 users online. 0 members and 38 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X