[vb_main_1]

Using Pantos on RSM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Pantos on RSM

Has anyone been successful with using a pantograph design when quilting on a regular sewing machine? I have several pantographs that I picked up somewhere along the way (most likely one of those huge quilt show vendor areas LOL!) that I really like the design. How would I incorporate it into the setup for free motion quilting on a RSM? I had thought about perforating the paper pantograph and then marking the design one row at a time with pouncing chalkpad. What's your opinion? Has anyone ever tried this? Looking forward to your responses. Sally in sunny but heading into fall NE Ohio

Sally--

One time, I marked the quilt one row at a time with a washable blue marker while the quilt was still a top. The background was light so that worked okay.

Another time, I made a plastic template of the panto and drew around the portions I wanted for a border.

Hope that helps!

Terry

Comment

Sally, you can trace each row of the panto on tissue paper (Doctor's exam table paper or Golden Threads Paper™) and sew right through the paper. You will have to pick out the paper...but "do-able". The other aternative would be to trace the panto on water-soluble stablizer and sew though the stablizer with you DSM. When you are done you can pull off the bigger pieces easily and the little pieces will wash away. (use a Crayola™ Washable Marker...safest marker to use...if the ink transfers to the quilt it will wash right out). One other little tip if you don't want to spend the big bucks for the name brand water-soluble stablizer, go to your nearest hospital supply store and purchase "bio-degradable" laundry bags. It's made from the same stuff, but much cheaper!! You just dampen the edge with water to stick pieces together to make it panto size!
      Hope that helps!!
      Blessings..
      Debbie S.
      Ü

Comment

Thanks Debbie and Terry for your ideas regarding the pantographs. I will try them all out and see what works best for me. The laundry bags is very clever thinking! Thanks again, Sally

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 180 users online. 0 members and 180 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X