[vb_main_1]

Thimble Lady Technique - Do you use it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thimble Lady Technique - Do you use it?

I have just ordered a book and dvd from The Thimble Lady and can't wait for it to arrive - I am in the UK - do you use this technique? I have watched the demo movie and see from it that the underneath fingers are moved away as the needle comes through. I am now wondering - if you don't feel the needle come through, how do you know you have gone through all layers and how do you then judge the length of the stitches? Hope some of you out there are using this technique!

What is the THIMBLE LADY TECHNIQUE? Hand sewing? quilting .. I have not come across this instructor before so I am just curious.

Comment

The Thimble Lady Technique is a hand quilting technique shown by Liuxin Newman. She will be shown here at TQS in episode 310. I'm looking forward to it as I have tried it in the past without much success. It will be interesting to see her demonstrate it and be able to watch over and over. Maybe then I will understand better--at least that's my hope! Marge

Comment

Just 'google' her and she has (or used to) a short demo video that will at least familiarize you with her method. It's a great method but requires some practice. If you are just beginning to hand quilt, you don't have bad habits to UNLEARN!

Comment

It is a clever technique but needs to be worked using a hoop - I can't get on with hoops and work better without. I do use a combination of the Thimble Lady method and Jeana Kimball - Liuxin shows how to 'fold' the fabric over the needle which I do incorporate, and Jeana Kimball has some tips in her book which I follow. I think the demo is still running on her website -

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 165 users online. 0 members and 165 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X