[vb_main_1]

Quilting frames?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmclaugh
    I noticed a few people said they just set up their Gracies back in December when I first posted. If you're happen to check in on this chain, I wonder if you can tell us what your experience has been?

Thanks to everyone for your input!
    I love it. I have the Sturdy-Lite and a Janome 6500. I've only quilted 5 quilts (all lap-sized) so far. I had some frustrations with thread breakage at first, but trying different thread/needle combinations and thread-path variations helped resolve those. I use a panto on two of the quilts I did and was very pleased with the results.

Eventually I'd love a mid-arm, but that's a ways off in the future. For now, this works just fine for me!

Lisa

Comment

Hello
      Any one got one of these its the original that you stand/sit by the side of your machine to move the carraige /machine.
      I picked up a second hand one but a bit lossed on using it ?

Many thanks
      Jackie UK

Comment

Originally posted by GloriaH
        I bought an "easyquilter" when I was in Houston. I haven't finished anything recently so haven't used it. I think I might have purchased it in the heat of the moment and now I'm having serious doubts about what it will do. Would love to know if anyone has used one and what they think. Gloria
        Hey Gloria, I'm thinking about an easyquilter III because it seems to need less room to work even on big quilts. I don't see any responses to your previous post though. Did you end up liking it? Is it helpful for bigger projects?
        Does anybody else have experience with one? What is your opinion please? Thanks! Karen
        Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

What about the George machine by APQS? It's a sit down machine, you still move the quilt but you have a lot of room.
          eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Karen, I e-mailed you earlier today. This is for any one else who might be thinking of getting an Easyquilter. I used it on one top and did basic stippling. I found it awkward and had concerns about my machine sitting on the wooden platform. I was afraid I was going to have it fall off. I have seen updated versions where they have used a rail system and that seemed like a better proposition. I'm thinking that is the Easyquilter III? I used mine briefly at the show in Huston and liked the price. Should have spent more time with it. And maybe I should set it up and try it again. Gloria

Comment

Thanks Eileen and Gloria for your posts. I also heard from Lynn. I appreciate your ideas. The George would be wonderful but much more $$ than I could invest now. I am thinking of the easy quilter because it seemed more affordable. To me. Apparently not to my husband. Thought I'd run it by him while I thought about it and he is pretty definite that we won't be needing it right now. Darn! Karen

Comment

kfstitcher

It is amazing to me how the hubby's always can afford their toys but we women have to wait for ours ..... Imagine my hubby's surprise when he went away on a fishing trip and he came home to new carpeting in the living room. Then there was the time the kitchen got repainted with new refaced kitchen cabinets the time he went to a two week business trip in Las Vegas. I am always on the look out for new male toys at our house cause then I can go and buy something I want/ need but thought we could not afford.

THE DEVIL MAKES ME DO IT!!!

Comment

Anna it sounds like you have a system that really works for you! My mistake was bringing it up with him at all. I don't know why I did that. :roll: Oh well, I can try it out again in Houston and better decide if I still want it. Karen

Comment

Many many years ago I was mad at my husband for buying something, so I went and bought something I had been wanting and didn't tell him I got it. Then that was exactly what he gave me for Valentines Day. I learned my lesson and don't play those games anymore lol

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 76 users online. 0 members and 76 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X