No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Have you used an Aunt Becky device to hand quilt?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My my Lorchen, you are onery today ;0).
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Lorchen, must be something about patience! I have twin 16-yr-old boys on the Autism spectrum w/ Asperger's, and I know they try mine on a regular basis! And then there is that peaceful excape into my sewing room...
      Florence

edited-- my boys are 16, not 6! Thank goodness I don't have to relive those 10 years! (although maybe that would make me 10 years younger too??)

Comment

Florence, I'm sure you don't have problems falling asleep when you get a chance to take a break. These kids are so demanding and most of them have almost endless energy. Make you you have enough support so that you can take 'time out' to recharge your batteries.

Lorchen

Comment

That's what quilting does for me! It's my sanity-saver!

Comment

I bought an Aunt Becky device yesterday. I hadn't ever seen them in a shop before, so I snatched it up. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a fun technique to tackle.

Chelley

Comment

I wanted to pass this video link on to someone and note that it is no longer at this site on the web.

I Googled "Aunt Becky's Finger Protector" and video and nothing comes up.

If "Aunt Becky" is around, please help!

BethMI

Comment

Originally posted by BethMI
                I wanted to pass this video link on to someone and note that it is no longer at this site on the web.

I Googled "Aunt Becky's Finger Protector" and video and nothing comes up.

If "Aunt Becky" is around, please help!

BethMI
                I just met the creator of the Aunt Becky, Jean Brown, at Road to CA. Her website is Jeans Impressions out of Newcastle, CA. Perhaps there is contact information on her website.
                Hope that helps,
                Beckie

Comment

Just googled Jeans Impressions and found her website. It is http://www.jeansimpressions.com. She has a DVD for sale that shows her quilting techinque including using the Aunt Becky. It is $16 and will ship anywhere. Hope this helps.
                  Frances in sunny, humid Austin

Comment

There is an Aunt Becky demo on Brightcove. Try going to Brightcove.com and searching for Aunt Becky The Hand Quilter's Friend.

Fran[/url][/code][/quote]

Comment

Jean does not live to far from me. She will be our speaker either in June on July. I have known here for years. She belong to my guild years ago, then again now that she is back in the area.

Margarita

Comment

Ok, Margarita, now I really am jealous!

Comment

Marguerite - you should tell Jean to post that short video on the web again. Everyone I know who saw it ran right out and bought her product! I'm not sure they would have gone out right from the start and purchased a must more expensive DVD, but that video was so convincing that this was a superior way of doing things that it really grabbed people.

I suspect that if she wants to market the DVD, she can do that AFTER she has people hooked on her product.

BethMI

Comment

When I go to Brightcove.com, I don't get anything except ads for the internet company that runs the site.

BethMI

Comment

Beth-

I had the same problem initially. Click on the link at the top (it is dark I almost missed it) that says Brightcove TV then enter "Aunt Becky quilt" into the search box. It comes right up.

Good luck, it's impressive

Lisa

Comment

I just watched the video on Quilting with Shar/Quilting from the Heartland on QNN.tv about the Aunt Becky device what a great idea, I have to get one of those. I use a large frame (Alex's dads frame that DH made me) I am going to try in a small frame with the Aunt Becky for my next quilt.
                                Wendy in Texas

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X