[vb_main_1]

Rulers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rulers

I have been watching YouTube videos on how to make quilt tops using 2 1/2" strips. They all recommend a ruler called Strip Tube Ruler which I have found out is made by a company Cozy Quilt Designs. I have a triangular ruler by Darlene Zimmerman called Companion Angle which was given to me years ago and I have never found a use for. It is "published" by EZ Quilting. Does anybody know if I can use this ruler for cutting out pieced together strips in the same way the Strip Tube Ruler is used?
    I haven't found a site selling this ruler where I live and because of tax and customs and excise duties I can't justify to order from US.
    Thank you in advance
    Marianne

The Companion Angle ruler is designed for cutting Quarter Square Triangles (QST). However I'm sure you could use it for the same technique as the Strip Tube ruler. The only issue you might have is that the ruler markings might be misleading because they are designed for a different use.

I don't really like the strip tube technique as all your edges are on the bias, which makes it difficult to handle. You have to be very careful not to end up with distorted shapes which don't behave.

Comment

Sorry, I just realised your question is from a year ago, so this answer might be irrelevant now!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 55 users online. 0 members and 55 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X