Alex's Applique Lessons

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex's Applique Lessons

I really enjoyed Alex's Videos on Applique but I have a few questions:

1. You developed a custom stitch for your machine applique that consisted of a straight stitch followed by the blanket stitch. Why did you add the straight stitch? And did you only use it when you were starting or stopping your machine stitching?

2. I really hate tracing the applique pattern on the Steam to Seam. Is there some way to be able to print them directly on the fusible? That would save a lot of time.

3. This is jumping the gun here but when we get to the swag border, is the swag going to run all the way to the edge of the background block? It seems like this is the only place in the Applique BOM where each block needs to line up with the next.

Alex, thanks for your help and keep up the good work!

Where can I find Alex's video on appliqué?

Comment

Originally posted by nanrom
      Where can I find Alex's video on appliqué?

Here is a link to Alex's applique classroom: learn/classrooms/

You can access others by clicking the CLASSROOMS link on the purple bar.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo - Thank you for your response. I spent some time last night searching the website and found it. It's just what I was looking for. I love your lessions too!

Please let everyone know that we all love The Quilt Show - it's fantastic - keep up the great work and energy.

I was wondering if there is a way I could get my hands on the Feathered Star from 2009 BOM -Stars for a New Day? Published in a book? Pattern?

Comment

Sure Nancy! Order it here: http://www.quakertownquilts.com/modu...mp;x=0&y=0

Now....see what a huge bang-for-your-buck the star membership in TQS is??? We got that as a free BOM!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Nancy - You might also consider looking at some of Marsha McCloskey's quilt (current Show). Her books run less than $25 and have multiple quilts in them. Her website. http://www.marshamccloskey.com/ I enjoyed seeing her technique today.

Comment

Thank you ladies. I did watch Marsha McCloskey's show - after all, she really is the queen of that pattern.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X