Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray! Good for you Dana!
    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

congrats dana, fab. and i love that quilt you're working on - what great colours 8)

Comment

I am late to this thread, but let me tell you, I know Dana is a star and an angel who has become an important person in my life. So let me here in public say, "Dana, my friend, I love you. Hugs and happy days to you". Ann

Comment

My machine doesn't do infinite sizes of blanket stitches. It probably doesn't do a nice blanket stitch, but I'm going to try to experiment with it. I will also look for Alex's lesson on here. Thanks and way to go Dana.

Comment

Dana, it is so beuatiful!!!

Comment

Congratulations Dana! Your quilt is gorgeous

Comment

Ricky's raw edge applique is amazing, as you can see in the picture that I took in Oldham this year. He uses a narrow double blanket stitch.

Click on the picture for a bigger version.

I always experiment a little with threads before doing any applique. If the thread is visible, then I really want to be able to see it, and some threads are just too thin. I often end up using Superior's King Tut.
                From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Dana, what a gorgeous, gorgeous quilt! Congratulations!!!

Comment

I have a question about raw edge applique :? How well will it wash? I'm planning on making a bed quilt next year
                    that will have a lot of applique. I was wondering if I should turn the edges or do raw edge applique. The quilt will
                    probably get a fair amount of rough use. It's for a teenage boy. Any suggestions?

Comment

If you do the blanket stitch or double blanket stitch around the edges, it will wash just fine. I did a quilt for my granddaughter with raw edge applique and it washes fine. She wanted a quilt because her dog sleeps with her and his hair stuck to her previous bed spread and didn't stick to her baby quilt. The things a grandma will do. LOL!!! Good luck with your quilt. Ann

Comment

That is really sweet, Ann!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X