Dragon Quilt DISASTER

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Quilt DISASTER

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    I LISTENEN TO SOMEONE WHO WAS GOING ON AND ON ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY LOVED THE PRODUCT STEAM A SEAM 2. WELL I SHOULD HAVE KEPT WITH THE PRODUCT THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH BECAUSE NOW I HAVE A MESS. AND I AM NOT HAPPY. :twisted: IN FACT I JUST WANT TO CRY I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN SAVE MY QUILT OR ANY OF THE FABRIC THAT I HAVE PUT INTO IT. IT IS A MESS. :x
    RACHEL

what is the problem rachel.... I use steam a seam 2 all the time and love it

Carla

Comment

Rachel,
      I just got done using Seam-a-Seam 2 for a project and I have to say I am going back to Wonder-Under, which works so much better for me. It also adds a little less bulk. The Steam-A-Seam wanted to peel off my fabric pieces before I was ready to iron them down and I found the paper harder to cut with precision than W-U. I am willing to sacrifice the position-ability of pieces with SAS2 to get a better bond. When I get my 40%-off coupons from Joann or Hancock's, I buy a whole bolt of Wonder-Under and have not had problems with storage or shelf life.

Comment

Yes I find with Steam a Seam I have to use my body warmth and hold a my finger over it to seal it down. And that was when it was brand new. And it is tough to get the paper off without pealing the glue off. So I want to investigate better stuff too. I took a class once with Esterita Austin and the light spider web adhesive she sells is very nice. But I just checked her website and her shop is down again which I've found happens alot or she runs out. So after the class I've never been able to time it right and buy it again.

Comment

I used the SteamaSeam2 on the elk silhouette quilt I did (it is on my profile). I pressed my fabric and while it was still warm, but not hot, I put on the Steamaseam. I had to do a lot of cutting and it stayed applied really well and then was really easy to iron on to the background fabric.

Comment

I used steam a seam 2 for all of my BOM's .... and did raw edge appliqued with double blanket stitch? #46 on Bernina 440 ... Had no trouble removing paper from back of fabric...Just be sure you place it were you want it before you heat set it. It really sticks for me. I just followed the directions that came with the product. You do have to be careful that the sticky stuff isn't protruding or it will gum up your iron....Using a piece of the removable paper on top will let you do this and it won't stick to this paper. Hope the problem can be worked out for alll having trouble .....Nan Made a correction to this ....it was stated as a double buttonhole stitch....but it is really a double blanket stitch...

Comment

Keepsake Quilting,www.keepsakequilting.com used to sell Esterita Austin's light weight fusible(misty fuse?).I'm not sure if they still do,haven't been on that site in quite awhile. Julie

Comment

What happened, Rachel? Don't know if this will be helpful, but here are a couple tips for using SAS:

I use the Steam-A-Seam 2 because of its light weight, but I always fuse the "first" sticky side to the fabric with an iron (like you do with most other fusibles). If you just press it down with your hand, it really doesn't hold well to the fabric pieces while you're cutting and assembling things.

If you have a problem with SAS paper falling off when you don't want it to, perhaps you're fusing the wrong side first. One of the papers seems to come off very easily; the other holds a little better and should be used for drawing your shape before cutting. Try a little test peel before you use it; the paper that comes off easily is the one you should remove first.

Let us know if we can help you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X