[vb_main_1]

Working with an Angelina Fiber applique

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with an Angelina Fiber applique

Hi, all. I have been making a quilt based on a copyright free NASA photo of a space "gas cloud" with stars. It's a beautiful colorful picture, and required lots of thought on how to get anywhere close to the look. I think I have managed the gas cloud reasonably well, using angelina fibers and constructing an applique from it. It's quite large--about 42" x 45". I've now stitched it on my center "block" and covered it with black veiling to give it some stability it wouldn't have otherwise.

I am wondering, have any of you ever washed angelina fiber appliques? I don't want to wash it in the machine, but I think it might be good to give it a gentle hand wash in cold or very slightly warm water when I complete the quilt, so I can block it and get all the various starch and glue residues out. If it can't be washed, it will look ok, but I think it would be best to wash it if possible. I've worked so hard on this, I don't want to ruin it. Any experience out there with this?

If you were me would you leave well enough alone, or try a gentle hand wash? :?

Also, have any of you ever shipped anything with angelina appliques? Did it wrinkle?

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Hi
    I made Angelina "fabric" by fusing the fibers to iron on fusible. I cut these in small pieces and add (fuse) it to my fabric collage. To complete the collage it get washed vigorously (to set the raw edges) The Angelina emerged fine from this process. I cannot comment on folding the quilt- have not observe that yet.
    Marié

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X