[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

How to make fabric paler?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of the colors moving around, like Marilyn I'm looking forward to seeing more blocks!

Barb

Comment

I have actually made 3 blocks, one with the bright yellow and one with another fabric of paler yellow and one with the bright fabric reversed. My husband is absolutely set on the bright yellow so that's going to be it. I have to find time and courage to cut out these blocks, the book says to iron and starch the fabric - put all 5 pieces one on top of the other, get a new blade in the rotary cutter and go to it! We'll see.

Comment

A tea bath will make fabric a yellowish brown shade depending on which kind you use and a coffee bath makes fabric a more tan brown. Try experimenting on some scraps using different strengths. I would advise against bleach no matter what strength as it will cause the fabric to deteriorate over time. The only way to stop this is to use Anti-chlor available through pool supply shops and fabric dye suppliers. Vinegar does not do the job. Good luck.

Comment

i didnt read all the answers, but i think may be you can deep every thing in tea?

Comment

I'd simply wash it once or twice or three times and dry after each wash in bright sunshine. I fades the stripes on my DH's tee shirts.

Comment

How does it do with his boxers? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Nancy

Comment

Everybody except me likes the Bright yellow so I am going with it and not messing with the fabric. Despite the fact that we have bright sunshine here a lot of the time!

Comment

They go in the dryer. :P

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X