[vb_main_1]

Wondered if painting is as nice as dyeing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondered if painting is as nice as dyeing

It seems to me that painting is much less messy than dyeing. Are the results as nice? Particularly I was thinking making sky fabric might be easier with painting than dyeing. Still want to do this and just have a few UFO's that are more important right now.

and me but I have the paints ready to go and some egyptian cotton. Just need to take the plunge, I am worried I will make a mess and be disappointed. You go first

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

No, Wendy, you have the paints. And the cloth.

Comment

Wendy, go for it! If you make a mess of it, send me the messy fabric and I'll make a pretty little quilt out of it!

Comment

Now then Wendy and Jan, it's only a bit of cotton and some paints - you don't have to show us if it turns out badly. Or you could dye over it.

Comment

Laughing out loud, Rita.

Comment

Check out this site: http://www.skydyes.com/ I have a few of her pieces, and they are way beyond fantastic! Mickey also has a dvd on her technique, if you want/need some instruction or encouragement.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

The skies are so wonderful I don't think I would be able to do them justice with a landscape of mine. Guess it's worth a try someday.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

What do you mean someday, I thought you were going to play

Comment

Guess what Wendy? They're doing a show on fabric painting on Nov 19th. So we can wait until then at least. I'm psyched. I may even buy paints and cloth after that.

Comment

Velda Newman's show here on TQS was great fun with painting. DS and I had fun painting these strange fruit and leaves on fabric and I then made it into a little wallhanging for his room. He's very proud of it.

/

Comment

Very nice, Rita. What kind of paint did you use? I think I remember that show. I'll have to watch it again.

Comment

I've had a go and what a mess I got it everywhere ops: . I've learn't that less is more, I need a lot more water with my paint and some classes and different colours. I have cobalt blue and I think ultramarine is more up my street. Poor workman blames it on his tools :lol:

Good to hear there is a class coming and I'll look back at the other Rita. I'm going to carrying on playing and learning about mixing colour

Comment

Jan, I couldn't remember but my son assures me that it was acrylic paints. And yes Wendy, it takes very little paint. It was great fun you should give it a try.

Comment

just finished watching the new video. It was great. Wish she had discussed specific paints but I am excited to try. I do have dynaflow paints and have some cotton and silk to paint on. I think I'd like to use salt on the silk,"cause I liked that effect with one color. Loved her painted patchwork. Jan

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 76 users online. 0 members and 76 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X