[vb_main_1]

Quilt Artist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Artist

Yvonne Porcella talked about encouraging quilters to take risks. I think that is an important aspect of learning to quilt.

Yes, but maybe "risk" is not the right word. Risk, to me, is being careless with a rotary cutter, not picking up pins from the floor, inhaling toxic dye,.... or jumping off a cliff. :wink:

Comment

Doing what moves YOU
      USING your best techniques
      Not being afraid of FAILURE
      Not being afraid of telling the QUILT POLICE to take a hike
      ALL lessons that take time to learn ...... but all are necessary to grow as a quilter/ an artist.

Comment

I believe risk implies going forward with new techniques and ideas with the risk that it won't happen. When we stray from our self-expectations we risk a poor return. For some of us, it is a matter of trusting what we know, what we believe will happen as a result of trial and error in creating a vision.

Comment

A risk, to me, is venturing into the unknown. But, with eyes wide open. It is a risk because it is unfamiliar and has taken me out of my comfort zone. A risk taker is not afraid of failer. If you haven't tried, you have missed out.

Dawn
          In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

I really enjoyed this show. Yvonne Porcella is extremely gracious, confident and organized. She is truly worthy of Legend status, both perfessionally and personally. What a great way to finish this series.

Thanks.

Comment

A lovely show. I was really impressed with Yvonne and her whole spirit of dealing with life and her art. I thought her work is much like what Picasso would have made if he had expressed his art in fabrics and threads.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 178 users online. 0 members and 178 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X