[vb_main_1]

Sharon Schamber's Quilt Fairy video

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharon Schamber's Quilt Fairy video

I almost hesitate to bring this up on TQS, since Sharon isn't on TQS (and I am not a spokesperson for her site, believe me), but I just finished watching Sharon Schamber's latest and in many ways best premium video on the quilt fairy in which she showed her Piecelique techniques in detail, painting using Shiva sticks also in detail, a little bit of thread work, and turned edge machine applique.

The download is in two sections and covers several hours of instruction, but I am truly intrigued. This is high-end art quilt work and it's so well taught. I am now working on drawings for several new quilts. I will try to incorporate opportunities to use these techniques. Already she helped me learn much about piecing, applique, thread work, and binding quilts, but this video is more advanced and so clear. I know her premium subscription is pricey, but if you can spend the money and the time to practice her methods, it is well worth the price.

Have any of you seen it? What did you think, if you have?
    (p.s. she does have quite a lot of instruction in her free area also).

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

I love Sharon's web site. Wish I could afford the premium subscription!

Comment

I had the honor of taking a Piecelique class from Sharon about a year ago & I'm using her applique techniques almost exclusively, they work like a charm! I've viewed many of her free videos, but also feel her premium videos are too pricey. Guess I will continue to buy her books & watch the freebie videos! Kathy B.

Comment

I also learned a lot from Sharon. I treated myself when she had a special price. Cheryl

Comment

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I also love Sharon's website. She's been so generous with her free videos. I've learned tons from them because she's not only very knowledgeable, but a wonderfully patient teacher, as well. My quilting isn't sophisticated enough to merit the a full subscription, but for anyone interested some very serious quilting, she's a wonderful resource.

Comment

I took the price of 6 long DVD's and compared it to number of videos available on Sharon's website and purchased a membership. Compare this to travelling and taking her classes.

All of the videos can be downloaded to your personal computer and those videos can be watched again and again. I found membership for a year to be a real bargain.

You have a year to download to your heart's content. This is, at times, a time-consuming process depending on your download speed, and the size/speed of your hard-drive.

Comment

Some downloads take hours - so I just set the computer to do it's work overnight. She has some wonderful ideas, but none of the "community" of The Quilt Show. However, if it teaches, I subscribe!

Comment

It's been interesting to watch her website and video abilities grow over the past year plus that I have been a member. She showed considerable delight in her last video toward the end when the fairy was coming together. Most emotion I've seen in her classes so far, and yes, I consider the price a bargain, but I would REALLY love to go spend a few weeks with her in private lessons. Hahah--not going to happen. Maybe TQS could get her to come make a show and see if she would talk more about herself at the same time. I wonder if they have tried.

Comment

I have also purchased a membership but the downloads take so long it is unlikely that I will benefit from them. They are good though. Maggi

Comment

Let the computer do it overnight. It'll go to sleep when it's done! Then, transfer to a memory stick, as they are obese files!

Comment

I usually start downloading them in the morning on my days off and they are downloaded by lunchtime. Once they are downloaded, they usually run fine. I save them on my external hard drive and a thumb drive, so I have a backup. The download can run in the background so it probably won't bother anything else you are doing on your computer Hope this works for you. If she made a smaller file that would download quicker you wouldn't be able to see the details as clearly, so I'm glad they've kept the big files. Cheers, Betty Jo

Comment

But let's face it - no one teaches like Ricky! His videos are still the BEST! (And I got 'em all!) I love his humor and unique technique (if unique is what you seek!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X