[vb_main_1]

Photosynthetic Fabric

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photosynthetic Fabric

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase photosynthetic fabric so I can have some 'fun in the sun'? Thanks for any help you can give me!

in Vancouver, Canada

I haven't ever seen the fabric anywhere, but I have done sun printing using Setacolor paints -- very fun! Here's a link to the Pebeo website....

http://www.pebeo.com/us/index.htm

Have fun!

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the link...I saw the fabric used on Simply Quilts (rerun) recently and i guess if google doesn't show any sources? must be hard to find..maybe there is a chemical available to 'fix' my own cloth...I will try it your way for now! Have a great day! Verlie

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood the request for info!

Comment

I remember the Simply Quilts episode where the fabric was sprayed with a bleach & water mixture before being set in the sun with leaves on top. After the sun bleached the fabric, the fabrics was immediately rinsed in a solution that stopped the bleaching process. You can probably still view the video on http://www.hgtv.com. If I find it, I'll send you the link.

Comment

Sun? SUN?? Who has sun? LOL
            Fun in the sun sounds marvelous.

Carla

Comment

http://www.blueprintsonfabric.com/store.php

Can't get the "link" on here, but this can be copied and pasted onto the address bar. Very very cool stuff.[/url]

My bad...guess the link is there after all.

Comment

I never dreamt I would get all this info from my initial post...you are all wonderful! Thanks a million. It is sunny here in North Carolina . Happy days to you! Verlie

Comment

I found it! Here it is!
                  http://www.hgtv.com/crafting/botanic...ect/index.html

I found it in the archives, so I hope you can still access it.

Comment

Nancy - Thank you for finding the archive for this lesson. Colleen Wise was a speaker at my guild last October but this was not the workshop she taught. Her quilts are stunning and I was able to go to the site you gave and print out the instructions. Thanks again. Carolyn in Kerrville, TX

Comment

Hi Verlie,

Are you talking about sun painting? I have gotten some beautiful results using plain Pebo fabric paints and PFD white cotton fabric. you dilute the fabric paint so its very watery, paint your fabric and then find a place to put your fabric in the direct sun (you might need to pin it down). Warm days work best. Cover the fabric with your choice of leaves, flowers, or whatever else you want to imprint on your fabric. I usually let the fabric dry outside in the sun for at least an hour, longer if its cool out. At this point, you can then just heat set your fabric with an iron. If you need to wash your fabric, wait 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

I uploaded an example, its in my profile, the title is Road to Tahoe. The trees are sun painted.

Drew

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 62 users online. 0 members and 62 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X