No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Different Requirements for exhibiting Art Quilts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Requirements for exhibiting Art Quilts?

Okay - I'm really, really new to this...coming into art quilts from a decorative artist background - murals on canvas, frescoes, etc. And I look at the various requirements listed for different exhibits or competitions and am confused. Quilt National says at least 2 layers required, so it sounds like the batting layer can be left out (thank goodness!). Other venues aren't clear at all about requirements, and still others seem to want the 3 layers. Is there anything specific about art quilts? If you exhibit in a traditional quilt show, do you have to meet the 3 layer requirement?

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

I think it depends on the show as to how many layers you need. For our show here in Austin, it has to have three layers except for wearables. We have a large group of art quilters here and no one has complained, at least not to me about needing to have the batting. I do know that some times at Houston I see quilts that you can see through so they have no batting in at least part of them.
    Frances in Austin where it was in the 80s on Saturday and maybe the 50s yesterday.

Comment

If the show is a quilt show, usually the entries have to qualify as quilts-3 layers. You can google the different art quilt shows/associations and there should be some info on them.
      eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Usually the particular show organiser will be able to advise you about the requirements if they are not already on the entry form. Maggi

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
        Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I've never heard of a quilt show that allowed two-layer entries, but you never know.

You usually hear "quilt" defined as three layers that are stitched together.

Anne in Vancouver, Canada

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 67 users online. 0 members and 67 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X