No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Who has posted painted landscape quilts here??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has posted painted landscape quilts here??

I want to look at some painted landscape quilts for inspiration. I'd like to do a moon and sillhouetted tree. I was also thinking of painting Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane. I don't want to copy anyone's work. I just have questions about how to paint on fabric because I am attending a workshop at a quilt show. I will post my results. The show is in a week, so please respond asap. Thanks, Jan

Why not go to Google and do a search? I'm sure you'd see lots of them there.
    eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I agree with Eileen, the best thing is the Google search. Also try searching 'painting on fabric', that brings up lots of options. If you want to investigate techniques take a look at 'The Painted Quilt' which is a book by Linda and Laura Kemshall, it is awesome. Maggi

Comment

Hey Jan

Take a look at some of my quilts. "Morning in Marin" is a painted landscape. I am using this technique more and more I find it to be very expressive. I have used all different kinds of paint and dye. If you paint with a watered down dye/paint on wet fabraic you can get a really nice watercolor effect.

Drew

Comment

Thanks so much. I will look at your quilts, Drew.

Comment

I took a course from Vicki Johnson and painted an autumn scene. When I finish it I'll put it in my quilts. I have so many UFO's. LOL Jan

Comment

I finished an on-line class this summer on "Painted Landscapes" from "Quilt University", Michele Scott was the teacher. Here are some of the students work including one of mine:http://www.quiltuniversity.com/Galleries/gallery21a.htm
              I haven't posted any of the work I did from the class here yet but you can see more of it on my Flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/photos/76498602@N00/
              I know that you started this topic awhile ago but I hope this helps,
              Dinah Tackett

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 87 users online. 0 members and 87 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X