Curvy Fabric Using Rotary Cutter and NO Pins

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curvy Fabric Using Rotary Cutter and NO Pins

Hi Alex!

During your television show...you had a guest on who used several layers of fabrics and cut big waves/curves into the fabric and was able to easily fit these pieces together practically w/o using pins.
    The fabric practically layed flay once sewn together.

I hope you remember the episode and can give me more information on the technique.

Please, if you or anyone reading this can give me a direction to go in, I would appreciate it :shock:

Thank you-Melisa (new member as of tonight 7/17/08)

Go to hgtv's website and look up Simply Quilts Pagoda's in the search line and the episode you're looking for will come up. The quilter is Debbie Bowles and her book is "Cutting Curves from Straight Pieces".

Teri
    Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

On the TQS shows, you will also find information about curves in Show 204 with both Ricky's caveman curve technique and Louisa Smith's curves. Louisa uses a few pins. In TQS show 302 Alex uses narrow curved strips in her challenge and in show 303, Ricky demonstrates a convergence with curves. I tend to combine the ideas and get some very different looks. Ann

Comment

Hey Ladies thank you soo much for your responses but tonight in cruising through the Shopping section I found the exact book i was looking for and thought I would share it with you!

Blendable Curves by Peggy S. Barkle

Peggy Barkle stacks up fabrics and cuts through them all at once using a rotary cutter and cutting through all the fabrics on a curve! She is then able to sew them flat creating a really beautiful design.

It's pretty amazing...sorry I didn't explain myself very clearly on my first post.
        I'm a newbie :shock:

Thanks again...and I hope y'all check out this book...I just ordered it.

Comment

Originally posted by Melisa
          Hey Ladies thank you soo much for your responses but tonight in cruising through the Shopping section I found the exact book i was looking for and thought I would share it with you!

Blendable Curves by Peggy S. Barkle

Peggy Barkle stacks up fabrics and cuts through them all at once using a rotary cutter and cutting through all the fabrics on a curve! She is then able to sew them flat creating a really beautiful design.

It's pretty amazing....
          Here's Peggy giving a youtube demo..it REALLY IS AMAZING..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clgWlrdSClA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 42 users online. 0 members and 42 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X