No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

printing paragraphs onto EQ printable fabric please help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

printing paragraphs onto EQ printable fabric please help!

I want to print scripture and sayings right onto fabric with my inkjet printer and I believe it works with EQ printable fabric. And I believe this will be eazier than embroidering on to fabric. I guessed that if I use the transfer type of iron on type that I bought a long time ago and cannot even find among my stash would have to use a mirror image because of the iron on procedures. Please help. Jan
    Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Transfer-type fabric is not nearly as good as the new stuff.

Either:

1. Use the Bubble Jet Set method: Soak your fabric in this product and let it dry. Iron your fabric to freezer paper, cut it into 8 1/2 x 11 sheets and print directly onto your fabric. Remove the paper, swish as directed in Bubble Jet RINSE & water and VOILA! If you are doing a LOT, this is what I would recommend because it is the cheapest method. And the ink stays well.

If you have a HP bubble or inkjet printer, use HP Bubble Jet Set, also made by the same company as the other, but specially formulated for HP printer inks.

2. Buy one of the newer products on the market, which are essentially pre-soaked sheets already backed with freezer paper. This is way faster and more gratifying (open the package and PRINT!), but it is WAY more expensive. Good brands are Printed Treasures and another brand carried by Joann's. (I can't remember.) These work the same way as the others. My results with Printed Treasures has been good.

You will find that the results with either of these methods or types of products is WAY better than it is with the transfer products available years ago. And these will wash and wear much better, too.

BethMI

Comment

Beth is absolutely correct--if it's an "important" project spend the money on the pre-treated ready-to-print sheets. Pricey but the quality is amazing. The cheaper ones feel kinda plastic.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

This may have been covered in other forums, but does anyone have advice on what printer is best? I have read that HP's are good, and I know I need an inkjet, but the price range differs so greatly, I'd like not to invest too much.

I have never printed on fabric but my step-daughter got married last weekend and I'd like to make her a wedding quilt.

Thanks

judyjudyjudy

Comment

I have an Epson Photo RX600. It is rather old by computer life standards but it is not outdated and is a real workhorse. I print photos on fabric all the time. I use both pretreated fabric sheets and treat my own. I continue to learn all the time the stuff I haven't done myself to make the best quality pictures but the printer is there for me every time.

Comment

I have a HP photosmart C3180...it is a real smart, low priced mulitmachine. I can print, scan or copy on it. And the best part is...it is a greate machine and easy to use :wink:

Comment

I just bought a Lexmark--about $50. Printer, copier, scanner. The ink is about $22 for color and $21 for black and white. ( DH is saying we need a wireless printer. They make those?? Way cool!!) Anyway, the Lexmark works great!
              Sherry in S MS

Comment

i have been having trouble getting good prints of the wedding from my printer. I have an HP deskjet F4180 that we paid 50 for. It is maybe 2 weeks since I changed the ink so maybe that is why the photos print out on cheap paper. Should I install a new color cartridge and start over? Help, Jan

Comment

I used my 7.2 megapixel Sony Cybershot to take the pictures. I have a Canon that is set to take Dental pictures and I have a Canon printer for that camera. Maybe I should take the Dental Camera to the second reception and use that because it might take and print better pictures???"

Comment

Your ink could be the problem. I printed out wedding pictures on fabric for my SIL's quilt using an HP Deskjet 810c and I found that I had the best results when I started out with a brand new ink case - if you don't want to waste ink just set aside the one you are currently using and put it back in when the ink runs out on the new one :wink: Also, have you made sure you are printing on "best" quality - check your print options and see. If you just do normal you will get more pronounced blurring. Printing on any fabric you will get a little blurring, its just the nature of it, but under "best" it will be very minimal. Good luck to you!

Comment

Oh, just thought of this. You may want to play with your photos in a photo editing software - they print out better if you brighten them and increase the contrast a little.

Comment

Oh, just thought of this. You may want to play with your photos in a photo editing software - they print out better if you adjust the brightness (lighter for dark pictures, darker for bright outdoor shots) and increase the contrast. Just take your time and play around with the pictures a bit first before printing.

Comment

Oops, lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

I will change the color cartridge before I print again. I don't think my printing options includes sepia. My camera does so I may try that at the next reception.
                            thanks Jan

Comment

I agree with Mandy's suggestions. I also found my printer has a choice of photo or text for printing. Choose photo for a richer color quality.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 38 users online. 0 members and 38 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X