[vb_main_1]

How to fuse tulle down on a quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fuse tulle down on a quilt

Does anyone know of a fusible that disappears after fusing? OO7 seens to leave a residue obvious on a dark background. White misty fuse leaves a web of fibers that are visible. I haven't tried black misty fuse yet. Thanks Jan

This might not be your ideal solution but I had the same problem a few months ago. What I ended up doing was glueing down the tule with a water soluable gluestick. You don't need a lot, just skim the surface of your fabric and press the tule down (with your hand, not an iron) and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. You can then sew or quilt over it. This really only works if you can wash or soak your quilt once its done. If you can't wash your quilt once it finished you might want to try an adhesive spray, but spray the tule, not the fabric, then hand press your tule in place.
    Hope this helps.

Drew

Comment

We just had Karen Eckmeier at our guild meeting, she uses tulle quite frequently on her quilts and she thread bastes it down onto the quilt. She doesn't glue it down.
      Her website is http://www.quilted-lizard.com/. Karen has several books and I think the one that would help you the most is Happy Villages.

Teri
      Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

When I was making a quilt recently that had a large center block with black tulle over the entire block, I experimented with many options, and came to the conclusion that basting the tulle in place and then quilting is the only way it worked. I also found that oddly, the water soluble thread did not disolve completely when it was basted into tulle, so I ended up having to pick out the basting, but it wasn't too onerous. The spray on adhesive never quite left, even after I washed the samples. Washable glue stick and then washing the quilt would probably be the only other way it would work, but I'd test it first--it's the one way I didn't test because I decided I couldn't wash the quilt. Good luck.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X