[vb_main_1]

Me. My quilt and Sue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me. My quilt and Sue

last week our guild hosted Sue Nickels. What great lecture and then classes. I took two classes from her and will tsar another in August. Sat with her during lunch on Friday and the got the courage to show her my version of her quilt. I hand appliquéd mine. She was very gracious and wanted a picture of us. What s thrill. She is a great teacher.

Denise

That is so fun! Your quilt is beautiful and I'm sure Sue enjoyed seeing it. She's such a nice lady and her classes are wonderful.

Comment

Smashing picture to treasure. It's a lovely quilt.

What did you learn with her?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

How fun! Your quilt is lovely. I was lucky enough to take a class with her while I lived in San Antonio. It was on drawing/quilting feathers. She is a great teacher! This last year as I finished up one of the quilts with feathers on it, I went back to my notes from her class to help me complete the project.

Comment

Great quilt and picture.

Speaking from the teacher's end of the table, it is always a joy to get feedback that something you have designed/taught has been enjoyed by the students and to see their accomplishments from your stimulus.

Comment

How very special! She is a fun a wonderful teacher, and you made her quilt beautifully! That is a lot of hand appliqué! Congratulations on finishing the BOM. (I have two TQS BOM UFOs. :blush: ) But, some rainy day, I can pull out a half finished project and finish it in no time, huh!?

Dawn

Comment

I learned machine applique on Friday and machine quilting on Saturday. I took a class from her at Mancuso here in town and that was feathers. She is coming back to Mancuso and I'm taking her machine quilting - Amish class.

Can't wait.

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful, Denise and what a great photo!

Comment

Beautiful quilt, great keepsake picture.
                  It must have been so thrilling for you.

A wee question - the next class you're taking is 'machine quilting = Amish' - how does that fit together in the same title/class? I always thought the Amish did everything by hand...just wondering.

Comment

What a lovely keepsake photo Denise. You are lucky to be able to take classes with people like Sue Nichols.

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful Denise. How wonderful that you could take classes and meet the designer.

Comment

If you go to the Mancuso website they have a link to the quilt. Simple piecing and then plenty of quilting. Not hand done.
                        http://www.quiltfest.com/popup.asp?id=3866
                        denise

Comment

Beautiful Quilt Denise! How Lucky to have a class with her, she is a lovely lady, and an excellent teacher.

Andrée

Comment

Wonderful Denise!

Comment

Denise, your quilt is lovely, and what a thrill to have a photo with you, Sue and the quilt all together! It sounds like we have taken the same classes from Sue, both of which were wonderful. I had the good fortune to take her classes in May of 2013, so I was able to apply all my learning to the construction of the BOM.

Did anyone manage to go to the inaugural Holly Girls Quilt Retreat last September? She and Pat took over Gwen Marston's longstanding event following Gwen's retirement.

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X