[vb_main_1]

Congratulations to Sue and Pat!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to Sue and Pat!

We knew it was a great quilt, but now everyone else knows it too! As you probably know by now, "Two of Us" won the best machine workmanship award yesterday at AQS/Paducah. It was a real thrill to see their quilt lowered onto the stage at the awards ceremony, along with the other top winners. Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I definitely have a sense of ownership for this quilt after doing the BOM! Maybe this will be the kick in the pants I need to finish my quilting on it! :shock:

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

I have a sense of ownership too... This was so much work, and still is... I'm in the quilting process (on my home sewing machine), and the work is not finished! I feel very proud of what I have accomplished so far, and to see their quilt having great honor gives me that kick to finish it the best I can.

I learned so much with that quilt... (and still do).

Andrée

Comment

I started back to this BOM last week, finishing month 5, almost got 6 done and am doing the patterns for the borders. I had no idea that the quilt was entered into Paducah, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw it there on Thursday....and with the winning ribbon...needless to say I took many photos, got to see it close up and was wowed. I went back to the quilt many times trying to catch, Sue and Pat there with the quilt but missed them. Congrats to them both for a great quilt that I am so inspired to finish.

Comment

And all that beautiful quilting is done on a domestic machine! I took a class from Sue Nickles thru my guild. She deserves her awards.
        Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X