[vb_main_1]

Month 8

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 8

I finally got Month 8 finished! Yeah!! I have to say that I love the embellishments that were added this month. However, I'm afraid that the little curlique defeated me! ops: I now know why I am a longarm quilter and NOT a sewing machine quilter! :lol: I understand that part of the reason for doing this BOM is to learn new techniques. But, even with practice, I was totally messing up my border. So, I took out the stitches and did HAND embroidery!! It is done and I am happy with the results. I guess freemotion machine stitching will go on my bucket list of techniques to learn in the future. :wink:

I think I might do the same (hand embroidery), but I need to practice free motion more, as I did not find my "sweet spot" yet...
    There will be lots of FMQ on this one I think!
    Andrée

Comment

Had to do left and right borders both in August - too much going on in July.

I cheated and used my machine's sideways stitches for the embellishment on the left border. I like all 3 designs but I think my fav is the Reverse S. It stitched more reliably and turned out to be a better complement to the tulip, I think.

I would love to see what others did!

Barb in Alabama

Comment

Nothing to show because I'm not doing this BOM but just wanted to say what a great idea you had in using your sideways stitches to create the embellishment--would not consider it cheating, just a great use of the capabilities of your machine. Love what you did!

Comment

I agree! I love the machine stitches. I just might have to think about re-stitching mine! :wink:

Comment

Very clever, Barb!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Barb, they all look lovely!
              Andrée

Comment

Barb, I love your machine embroidery. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X