[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Using Accuquilt to cut the big circle in month 8

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using the Rose of Sharon die to make some of the flowers. They are close enough for me so I used them for the center portion. I am not fusing but using the die to cut out my freezer paper shapes and glue baste the edges down, t hen hand applique them to the background.

Love the die for all the circle sizes. I have a few dies with circles. itty bitty ones.

denise

Comment

I too use the Rose of Sharon (#1) for the smaller circles (1/2 and 3/4 inch).
      I did not cut off the center of the fusible web, however. I used it all over, even though the 3/4 inch was larger than a dime.

Andrée

Comment

Andree, you have given me the jumpstart i needed to get my GO! Cutter up and running...i will be attending the Georgia quilt show next month, and I've signed up for a die cutting class with Ebony Love. I'm excited to learn what tricks my toy can do!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by gynconnie
          Andree, you have given me the jumpstart i needed to get my GO! Cutter up and running...i will be attending the Georgia quilt show next month, and I've signed up for a die cutting class with Ebony Love. I'm excited to learn what tricks my toy can do!
          Wow! Lucky you! I didn't know there were class especially for cutting with die! That must bring the cutter to another level... Let us know how that goes!
          Andrée

Comment

Connie, I can't wait to hear a report on this class. Ebony Love is so hard-working and loves to share her knowledge. Hopefully, you've seen all of her Youtube videos?

I wish her Equivalent Die Notation System (EDeN) would really take off because it makes using dies so easy, but translating quilt patterns to use with dies is sometimes confusing. I just saw on the EdeN forum that she has had some international publishing success with this, but hasn't released details yet.

Please see what you can find out for us!

Comment

Susan, you're speaking a foreign language, but hopefully it will make sense after the class. I will definitely check out her YouTube videos, as I haven't seen them before. I have heard her interviewed by Pat Sloan, and she sounded extremely knowledgable.

Comment

But I did find that you want to put more than "ebony love youtube" into your search engine to get some quilting information! :roll: :lol:

Nancy

Comment

oh my, i forgot about that. Hope nothing truly horrible appeared.

Here's my link

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzlssDKsoZqcz7cV_SQtBDQ

Comment

Ebony's Equivalent Die Notation is a way to standardize information across different die cutting systems. I don't know if it will ever really catch on or not, but it's really neat. There is information through her website.

Comment

So,Connie, do you have a report for us on that class?
                      Thanks in advance...

Andrée

Comment

Andree, thanks for asking! Ebony's class was excellent! Very information rich, with lots of comparisons among all the brands of cutters. She talked a lot about the importance of fabric grain orientation, and the the reason that some dies need to be run thru "crooked". One of the biggest light bulb moments for me was using the cutter for pre-pieced units...I had no idea you could do that. So of course, I had to come home and try it...

Comment

Ebony has a great book with 250 pages of information, troubleshooting, and Q&A. I probably would have gotten my GO! out of the box much sooner if I had it when I bought my cutter!

Comment

She didn't really get into the EDeN system, other than to mention that it exists (it was a beginners class), but there are about 10 pages covering it in her book.

Comment

Andree, thanks for asking! Ebony's class was excellent! Very information rich, with lots of comparisons among all the brands of cutters. She talked a lot about the importance of fabric grain orientation, and the the reason that some dies need to be run thru "crooked". One of the biggest light bulb moments for me was using the cutter for pre-pieced units...I had no idea you could do that. So of course, I had to come home and try it...
                              That looks stunning! Thanks for the info... I know what i'll be doing tonight!

Andrée

Comment

Andree,
                                Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I have an Accuquilt Go that I use every chance I get. I will definately use your technique. Thanks!

Judy Austin

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X