Thank you, everyone

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, everyone

Hello to all of you --

I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to post a note thanking everyone -- for the BEAUTIFUL quilts that we received several weeks ago -- and for the many heartfelt wishes and prayers for Jack's recovery. The quilts have been such a wonderful uplifting gift to us - we keep them in the bedroom where Jack has his recliner and I have a rocking chair -- when we are home, I often sit in there with Jack and we talk, read, watch tv, sew (me, not him!), and enjoy each other's company. The grandkids have been over a couple times for short periods and snuggle under their quilt -- they are such fun to watch.

When I read all of the notes from those who worked on the quilts, I had to do several starts and stops over a couple of weeks -- the notes just kept bringing tears to my eyes. Sometimes it is hard to believe how fortunate we are to have so many people who care so much. We are so thankful for the support we have received over the past six months - it has all been needed and welcomed. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I cannot believe how generous all of have been with your time and your energy - wow! Quilters are just the best - in so many ways. I should know better, but you continue to AMAZE me!

I am also very appreciative of all of the notes that you all have posted here. Your words of encouragement have meant so much to me. Jack is doing well, considering what he has been through. He still has a tall mountain to climb, after losing a hundred pounds, but he continues to gain strength and has maintained an incredibly positive outlook on life. Would that we all had his constitution - the world would be a brighter place to live! I have shared many of your words, stories, prayers, and hopes with him - and he sends his thanks and appreciation as well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are loved by both of us for your generous hearts and souls!
    Sue and Jack

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

The gift given was a gift received in return. We did what little we could to offer support and love. So glad you are lifted up, just a little, by them. Peace and love to you and Jack!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

We are just glad to hear that Jack is finally feeling some better! We will continue with you in our thoughts and prayers.
      Hugs to you both!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Dear Sue and Jack, I'm glad the quilts have brought you some comfort. Everyone I talked to felt so helpless in the face of your struggles and making the quilts and sending prayers were all we could do. I'm grateful that Jack is feeling better and I pray he continues to get stronger every day! Hugs, Robin

Comment

Dear Sue and Jack,
          It's so wonderful to hear that Jack is feeling better and he has such a great outlook on life. Sue, you are such a lovely, loving person and I only wish the very best for you both. Our making your quilts is our way of letting you know how much we appreciate and admire you and want to show our support and love- you are so talented and one strong lady. God bless you both!

Woodbury, Minnesota, USA
          Longarm quilter - Gammill Classic Pro

Comment

((((((((((Jack and Sue))))))))))

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Sue, I'm so glad to hear that Jack is doing better. I'm doing this year's Star Crazy, and every time I work on it I think of you and Jack. When friends are going through rough times as ya'll have, I can feel so inadequate and helpless (as I'm sure all of TQS has). I was honored to be asked to participate in the making of your quilts, and I'm so glad to know that my small contribution helped to bring you comfort.

Comment

I didn't write any message with my blocks but I want you to know that I continue to pray for both of you.

Comment

Ritzy, you didn't need to write a message -- your caring and concern was apparent in your blocks, as it was in all the blocks! and I was fortunate enough to be able to touch them all ... a very humbling and special experience! Robin

Comment

Sue,

No note was necessary but we are so glad to know that you both are home and starting the long road back. It is a long road but good road because my brother just celebrated his "first birthday" since his stem cell transplant (7/2/09). He has hair again, and is back at work and managing well!

So thankful for MD ANderson!

Congrats on being home!

kim

Comment

Dear Sue and Jack,

There's no way I can understand why your family has had to go through this tribulation; God has His reasons and who are we to question Him? Reading everything you've shared with us made me realize that. I didn't write a note but my thoughts were with you through the process of quilting. My hope is that Jack will continue to recover and become stronger and that Sue will be able to sleep through a night without worry.

Bless you both. I think many of us have started looking at life in a different way; I know I have.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 56 users online. 0 members and 56 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X