[vb_main_1]

A note from Sue ~ May 24, 2010

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A note from Sue ~ May 24, 2010

This is part of an e-mail note I got from Sue this morning, and I thought it was appropriate to post it here. As usual, you are welcome to leave notes here for Sue to read when she has time.

I really want to let everyone know how much I appreciate the quilts – they are beautiful and the notes are wonderful. I want to send some special thanks (hand-written notes) to some of the folks who helped organize all this – can you help me identify those people? That would be wonderful. In the meantime, wherever it is appropriate on the TQS website, please let folks know that it is not for lack of gratitude that I have not thanked everyone – I am still blown away by their kindnesses and concerns and prayers and support. As you know, being a caregiver is more than a 24-hour job and Jack is just taking an enormous amount of time and energy right now – being at home is great, but it put a huge workload on me that consumes every waking second. Let them know that the thank you is coming – and their efforts are so very much appreciated.

More later – gotta take care of my guy right now.

Sue

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Sue - We have already been blessed more than we deserve just in being able to do something for you. Thanks are not necessary.

Comment

Sue you are welcome we should be thanking you for letting us be a part of this time in your life Happy

Comment

Sue, please know we can only help you from afar and didn't make the quilts for the thanks--only as a tangible reminder of the love, care and prayers we all send your way. Just do what you have to do right now to take care of yourself and your beloved.

Barbara

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        North Alabama, USA
        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Sue, I was honored to have had a small part in the making of the quilts and no thanks are necessary. Just know that we all appreciate your contribution to The Quilt Show, and hope Jack continues on the road to recovery and that you get some much needed rest.

Comment

Sue, the privilege of being able to help with the quilts is all of the thanks needed. Praying for your continued strength during this difficult time. Annis

Comment

Ditto to the above sentiments...welcome home! I was honored to be able to participate in a small way with your quilt...I'm glad to know they are bringing you and your family the intended love and support...that is more than thanks enough! Take care of yourself...we'll be here when you have more time and energy to look beyond home and family! Nancy

Comment

Sue! We love you and Jack!! Helping on the quilts let us do "something" for you two. We all felt helpless....with the quilt projects it let us work out our feelings with all that you're going through. There is something about making the block and thinking about what the quilt will look like when everyone contributes...that soothes me in so many ways. It also makes me smile. You've given so much to so many...it's our pleasure to give back to you and Jack!! ((((Hugs!)))) Debbie

Comment

Dear Sue, you've given us all so much, these quilts seem like very little in return -- they allowed us to feel a little less helpless. No thanks are necessary. Please just put your efforts into helping Jack get well and taking care of yourself -- this all has to be taking a huge toll on you, too, so please take care! Hugs, Robin

Comment

We just love you and want you to know you BOTH have a huge cheering squad out here!

Comment

Sue,
                      You need to be strong for Jack now. Don't worry about thanks. We wanted to do something to show you that both of you are part of our family and we take care of our own.
                      eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Ditto to all of the above. Thank you for all that you have done for us through TQS. Please save your precious time for you and Jack. No thanks to us are necessary! Hugs Pam

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Sue, no thank you's are necessary. I echo what everyone has said. Take care and God Bless!!!

Comment

I second all of the above! No need to spend your precious time writing notes to us - you have already expressed more than once how much you appreciate what we have done for you and Jack. It's the least we could do for you, you have done soooo much for us. This was our way to let you know how much we really care for you both! Take care of yourself too, Sue- caretaking is draining.

Woodbury, Minnesota, USA
                            Longarm quilter - Gammill Classic Pro

Comment

Sue, our thanks will be the post that Jack is cured of this monster disease and living a new "normal" life!

Maggie in E. Central Illinois

Woodbury, Minnesota, USA
                              Longarm quilter - Gammill Classic Pro

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 61 users online. 0 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X