[vb_main_1]

Removing Stable paper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Stable paper

I have at long last completed the Sedona Star. I used Ricky's Stable Stuff and would like advice on whether on not folks who used similar removed it at the end or not. I know it states that it can be removed or left in and I believe on a completed quilt if it was left in it would form a nice soft compliment to the batting. However I am in the UK and as far as I know this product is not available here.and as I am planning to send the quilt to be quilted on a long arm I think this may not be acceptable.I also feel there is an uneveness in the quilt as I left the large circular pieces near the corners without stable stuff as was advised. The little bit on the outside border that I tried to remove proved very difficult. Advice please

I'm quilting (longarm) an appliqued quilt at the moment that has this kind of stabilizer. I tore off the bigger pieces from the back, but left smaller ones ones in. So, some of the quilt has stabilizer, and some of it does not.

I haven't noticed problems stitching through any parts of the quilt, or moving from stabilizer areas to areas without it. I would think that, as long as your quilt top is nice and flat, your longarmer shouldn't have any problems with it. If you lay it out and notice any areas that are bulging or otherwise uneven, press them flat using starch and perhaps some steam.

Be sure to post the finished quilt!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X