[vb_main_1]

Repurposing Sedona Star Templates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repurposing Sedona Star Templates

Being told that I am an over-achiever, I wanted to share this with you ladies. A quilt shop in the Phoenix area sent out a newsletter in October and it showed a pix of a Christmas wall hanging. I thought it looked interesting and saved it to my photo page and decided to zoom in on it to check out the applique design. It really started looking familiar so I pulled out my templates for Sedona Star and sure enough they were the same. Being that I didn't want to drive 20 miles to purchase the pattern I decided to duplicate the wall hanging. I have no idea how big the original wall hanging was so I just played around with the templates until they looked like the original design and then drew the design on graph paper. As I didn't have any red/white Christmas fabric on hand, I did have some photo fabric sheets left over from another project and found a pix of some green/red fabric and downloaded the fabric sample to my computer and made copies of the fabric. So, here are pixs of the red/white wall hanging and my interpretation(?) in green/red.

Red/White Christmas Tree Wall Hanging

Green/Red Christmas Tree Wall Hanging

This gives me ideas of drawing outlines of other designs and using the templates from the Sedona Star. If you decide to do something with your templates, please post them as inspiration for the rest of us.

Way cool, Nancy!! Thanks for sharing!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Wow! Just another example of how we can break down designs and use them for other purposes. I recently took Cindy Needham's Craftsy class, and she showed many examples of how we can break down stencil designs and just use the parts we want.

Great job Nancy!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Really nice, Nancy and great idea! Thanks for posting two really great Christmas trees.

Comment

I love that. I bought the GO! dies for this and used them on a vest and applique samples for developing a workshop. I really like the tree.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Love it! Thanks for posting!

Maggie in E. Central Illinois

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I think I remember that tree in a shop, then saw it in a couple other shops...same tree. Yours are unique and beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X