[vb_main_1]

Size for Yellow Square in Month 12

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size for Yellow Square in Month 12

The printed yellow square for month 12 from the template measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" -- not the 5" square described in the instructions.
    Which is it?

I think I am going to print out a paper foundation pattern from EQ7 for a finished 4" square in a square.

Maggie in E. central Illinois

Comment

Mine came out 5.5 also, it was probably a misprint. The block size appears correct.

Comment

I have also found the yellow square to be 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. I am assuming the instruction for 5 x 5 to be incorrect as every other template has been correct when printed to page scaling=none.
        Unsure how brave I am to go cutting any fabric out yet though.......

Comment

The yellow square does/should in fact measure 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". Sorry about that!
          Sarah :-)

Comment

Thank you, Sarah. It's good to know.

Comment

Thank you Sarah - was getting quietly confident that was the case. Dang those typos!!

Comment

My printed stabilizer squares come out to be 3-5/16" square on the dotted line instead of 3-1/4. The yellow square correctly measures 5-1/2". I can trim them down to the correct size, but Sarah's quick video version of trimming won't work as easily. Too bad that I printed out all 84 of them before I caught this... sigh.

Comment

Liz,

If your yellow square is measuring correctly then the rest of the template is the correct size. Maybe a quick look at the instructions is in order to make sure you are using the template correctly

Comment

Thanks Sarah, I'm not sure what I'm seeing wrong. But... in any case, I've found an easy way to trim the blocks to the correct size by putting some alignment marks on my ruler. If the previous post sounded a little glum... sorry, I didn't intend it to be. All's well and I love my quilt. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 186 users online. 0 members and 186 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X