[vb_main_1]

Appliqué in the hoop

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appliqué in the hoop

If you are doing appliqué in the hoop are you leaving the stabilizer on until you are done appliquing?

I meant to say for months 10 and 11

Comment

I left all the stabiliser attached until I was ready to use my paper template to trim them up (which is where I'm at right now). Once I'd finished all the embroidery I removed the stabiliser and starched them to death... hopefully tomorrow I'll get them all cut down and can put them on the quilt.

I find myself wondering if I really want that last border... LOL!

Comment

I probably won't do the border either. Or at least not her design. Might even just bind this off and be finished since these last corner applique sections kind of put a nice finished look to it

Comment

I think I do want a border, but not necessarily a pieced one. I've done the Buttons and Blooms kit and am just not keen on the fabrics pieced like the pattern for the outer border. Once I get all of this attached I'll see what fabrics I have and decide what to do with it.

I really love these corners though!!

Comment

I've already decided that I want a solid border not the pieced one. I think a solid colored one will finish it better.

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I need some help.I am so behind w/BOM-I am doing month 6 and never did Applique in the hoop.My (may be silly)? is-I need to put in the hoop and tiled copy paper template or only Stabilizer(16x13)and background fabric (both with horis.& vertic.lines) . Video showing whole tamplate in the hoop,but looking like it's not paper made.I am really confused with it. Thank you Galyna

Comment

Originally posted by Lyna56
                Hi everyone,
                I need some help.I am so behind w/BOM-I am doing month 6 and never did Applique in the hoop.My (may be silly)? is-I need to put in the hoop and tiled copy paper template or only Stabilizer(16x13)and background fabric (both with horis.& vertic.lines) . Video showing whole tamplate in the hoop,but looking like it's not paper made.I am really confused with it. Thank you Galyna

You need to place a peice of stabliser in the hoop and start the stitch out on that only. This should stitch out a vertical and horizontal line the cross over of these lines marks the centre of the first stitch out. Take the hoop off the machine, align your background material with centre of the "cross" on the stabiliser which is still in the hoop (your background material should also have a peice of stabiliser on the back marked up with the alignment lines.) Return this to the machine and your next stitch out will be the placemet marks for the applique.
                (You end up with two peices of stabiliser, the first hooped the second attached to the back of your fabric)

Hope this helps ?

Comment

thank you
                  Galyna

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 168 users online. 0 members and 168 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X