Is Stable Stuff Discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Stable Stuff Discontinued?

Hi all,

It's been a few months since I've been here on the forum. I took a break from Sedona Star over the summer, but now I am getting back into it. Back in January I only bought 4 packages of Ricky Tims' Stable Stuff, because I planned to spread out the cost and buy the rest around now. Sure enough, I went back to my Canadian online vendor last week, and they say it has been discontinued. Can anyone confirm or deny whether that is true?

And if so, what advice does everyone have for how to proceed? I have already printed all the templates through Month 8, and I have one package and a bit left. It seems to me that I want to save the Stable Stuff for all the applique still to come in Months 10 & 11. Do you think one package (and a bit) will suffice for that?

Any thoughts on what to use under the rest of the quilt? Any and all advice is appreciated! Thank you so much,

Monica.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com">http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

I just checked Ricky Tims' Web site and it's still available there. I doubt it would be discontinued, but I don't know for sure.

Nancy

Comment

I also checked Ricky's site and he has both the 3 yard tube and the pkg of 50 - 8 1/2 x 11 sheets (works great in the ink jet printers). I thought about taking out the stablizer and decided to leave it in as it really "almost" disappears after washing.

Comment

Well, that is a relief, thank you! I didn't realize that Ricky sold the stuff himself. Whew!

Comment

I bought it from the equilter.com website. They ship just about everywhere and were very helpful in contacting me to adjust the amount to fit the next lower or higher package size so that I could save on the shipping. :0)

Comment

Monica, I doubt very much if Stable Stuff would ever be discontinued. This is Ricky's own product. He uses it himself alot and in the classes he teaches.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Monica, I doubt very much if Stable Stuff would ever be discontinued. This is Ricky's own product. He uses it himself alot and in the classes he teaches.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Monica, you can find it at cottonmillsthreadworks.com (Ontario) or at chez-helene.com (Quebec).
                Manuela

Comment

I recently bought another two packets of stable stuff direct from Ricky Timms site so I dont think there are any problems with getting it. My problem is that the cost of the postage from USA to UK is greater than the stabilizer but there is no supplier in the UK.

Comment

LOL, Crowcafe, I feel your pain! Fortunately postage to Canada is not quite as expensive usually.

Thanks again everyone. That was a good tip, Manuela, I may see the Ontario company at some shows this fall. All the best!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X