[vb_main_1]

Saving Sarah's videos?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Sarah's videos?

I am so far behind on this BOM :cry: :cry: I am still on Month 1 and know I won't get caught up anytime soon. Why oh why does life and work get in the way of quilting for fun??

So, I am downloading every month's instructions and templates for Sedona Star. My question is:

Can I download and save Sarah's videos so I can watch them when I need them? Are they on Utube? I know at the end of the year, all info and instructions for Sedona Star will disappear, and I might need the tips she shares in her videos. I know I'll have the patterns, templates and the forum questions and answers but I'd love to have the videos too!!

Right there with you Michelle got fabrics and other materials but haven't started yet. Hope there's a way to save or have access to the videos after the end of the year. Thank you for bringing up the subject!

Comment

I think you should ask the technical staff. They may do as they have done with Sue Garmans videos. They are in a classroom, but you can't download the pattern any longer

living in Central Denmark
      Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I was just wondering that myself since I, too, haven't started yet but intend to make this quilt.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I would like to be able to save her videos for the same reason... I'm SO far behind!

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I'm not sure if this would be legal or not but if you have a video camera, could you record the video sessions then transfer them to a DVD? Just a thought.

Comment

Being that I'm not as computer literate as I would like to be, by sheer accident today I happen to discover a way to save Sarah's videos. Whoo Who!!!!
              When you go to October's lesson, you see the instructions, templates and the video icon. Do not click on the video but hover your mouse over the icon and RIGHT CLICK on the icon. A box opens and you will see several options. Click on the SAVE AS and put it in a folder for your videos. I also saved all of the instructions, templates etc to a special PDF folder in case I lose or misplace directions I may need. As an extra precaution (yes, I'm anal) I copied all the files and videos to a DVD disc. If anyone has questions, please feel free to contact me, either via the forum or my email (mailto:gmhowl@yahoo.com).

Comment

Nancy, thanks for accidentally discovering this! I am off to give it a try right now!

Comment

Okay! I did as you instructed and saved each month's videos to my PC. They are Firefox HTML Documents and do seem to replay just fine. I sure hope they are still saved and work correctly after TQS takes the instructions down at the end of the year. Thanks again!

Comment

Nancy, are you saving the actual video to your PC or a link to where the video is located on the Internet? What browser are you using? I tried with Explorer and Firefox and all I get is a saved link to the video on TQS. If eventually TQS removes the videos, the links won't work anymore. I think to save the actual video you need a downloader software.

Comment

Limbania, I hovered over the movie projector did a right click and left clicked on the "save target as" and went to my video folder and saved it to my Sarah Vedeler file. I don't know if after the BOM is pulled from the site if it will disappear or not but I thought it was worth the try. I guess I'll find out next year.

Comment

Unless I'm doing something different, I think you are saving the link to The Quilt Show's site and it will only be available until they pull it off their program.

Comment

After discussing this with my son, he also said that "yes, you can save and view them, however, it is the link to TQS so when they close the BOM the videos will also disappear." Well, it was worth a try. Maybe somebody at TQS could find a solution and make a DVD of the videos, could be helpful to some that will be doing this next year. Just a thought.

Comment

Norma, a few posts above mentioned that in the classroom section there is Sue Garman Tips for BOM 2009 - All 12 videos are here in one place. We can hope TQS will do the same with Sedona Star or maybe we should request it.

Comment

Since tech support doesn't monitor the forums, I copied my original question and sent it via Contact Us to Tech Support. Tech Guru Bob responded in less than 12 hours with this:

The videos for Sedona Star will remain available on our website for a few years, so no worries, you’ll be able to watch them over and over for years if need be.

Hope this helps.

Bob Bigelow
                              Tech Support

I am not sure where exactly they will be, but perhaps they will get their own classroom. I feel better now!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 105 users online. 0 members and 105 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X