[vb_main_1]

tiny candlewick stitches

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiny candlewick stitches

Has anyone else had trouble stitching those tiny candlewicking stitches in the full blown embroidery? I've slowed my machine down, but have broken two embroidery 90 needles on those stitches. I switched to a Denim 90 needle, but it didn't help much. Any suggestions as I attempt month 8?
    Norma 64

Have you tried to loosen the top tension? That worked for me.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Norma64
        Has anyone else had trouble stitching those tiny candlewicking stitches in the full blown embroidery? I've slowed my machine down, but have broken two embroidery 90 needles on those stitches. I switched to a Denim 90 needle, but it didn't help much. Any suggestions as I attempt month 8?
        Norma 64
        Norma, I had the same problem on some of the candlewicking when they got small. My Bernina 630 totally stopped and told me I had a malfunction. I had to hand crank the needle in order to re-activate the finishing of the stitch. It is not the fault of the needle or your machine. The candlewicking is too small and compact. Good luck. gmhowl (Nancy)

Comment

Thanks, Nancy. My machine (Pfaff Creative Sensation) has done a beautiful job with all the rest of the embroidery. Last year I embroidered the Hoop Sisters Textures BOM which was filled with candlewicking, but not as small and compact as these are. Even then, I had to slow the machine, but I didn't break needles. Thanks for the hand cranking suggestion. Wonder if Sarah had a problem and, if so, how she handled it.

Comment

My 830 did not like the first 2 clusters. I even tried 2 extra layers of stabilizer. Finally I just advanced the design and started on the third cluster which is a little larger. Doesn't change the look enough to worry about.

Comment

Ann, I think I might do the same. In one of my month 7 blocks, I had to remove what was left of the first cluster on one side because it looked so bad! It even left a small hole in the fabric which I repaired with a stitch witchery type material on the back and a drop of Fray Bond on the front. The missing cluster is not noticeable. Once I'm finished with month 8 I may restitch this block if I have the energy and enough background fabric! We'll see.
              Glad to know I'm not the only one who's had this problem.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 171 users online. 0 members and 171 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X