[vb_main_1]

Blue dashed outline a different size from mo 6 & 7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue dashed outline a different size from mo 6 & 7

For people not using an embroidery machine, I noticed that the blue dashed outline for August is a different size than for June and July. It is smaller. The lines defining the outside sashings line up though, so it is just a matter of centering your background fabric using some method other than the blue dashed lines.

I just sent that same question to Sarah. I am doing applique in the hoop. But no matter how you are doing it the size is no longer 16x13 but 15x12. That has to make it smaller than our other six that are finished.

Comment

I understand what you are saying about re-centering the 15x12 template onto the 16x13 background fabric piece. But I wonder if it will really be noticeable that the design itself is one inch smaller all the way around.

Comment

For people USING an embroidery machine the size of the template is wrong for the background too

Comment

Just started my August block and after reading the above comments thought I'd better check my template against June/July. I did not find any issues with the August template. Just a suggestion, when I'm doing any type of embroidery/applique in the hoop, I always allow for adjustment by making my background piece at least 2 to 3 inches larger so much easier to reduce than try to increase.

Comment

The August template for Applique in the hoop and placing it on copy paper is only 15x12 when you measure it between the blue dotted line

Comment

When Sarah has us cut a 16x13 piece of stabilizer for the background piece it has always fit perfectly. Now when you cut a 16x13 it is 1" short on width and length

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X