[vb_main_1]

Full blown embroidery template

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full blown embroidery template

I'm a bit late finishing the June embroidery. But, I did find a short cut in putting together the templates. I only ran off one copy each of the 8 pages. I tiled the first template, used it to note the pattern pieces, then traced the sewing and cutting lines for the borders, plus the background placement lines on 18"x24" newsprint using a light box. I decided to make 3 of these so I can keep the original without cutting it. This saved me printing 16 more pages, plus tiling them together. The newsprint works great to add the borders. Hope this helps others who are late like me. And, there's still August!
    Norma 64

I used the same techique but I use disolvable Stablizer instead of the news print , so I would have no tearing but your way would be much cheaper Im thinking , I have no clue whr you can buy newsprint though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindyaziah
      I used the same techique but I use disolvable Stablizer instead of the news print , so I would have no tearing but your way would be much cheaper Im thinking , I have no clue whr you can buy newsprint though.
      I buy newsprint in tablets at an art supply store. They come in various sizes from 8x11" to 18x 24. In fact, the foundation paper Carol Doak makes for sale is very similar in texture to newsprint (it probably is!). Hope this helps.

Comment

Look in any section of variety stores for newsprint in the packing and moving section. We went to Home Depot and the price for a large packet was a decent price. Too bad I recycled all our left over newsprint...

Comment

I make one copy of the template on regular printer paper then rather than use newsprint, I have a tablet of large size tracing paper and have traced the outer lines of the embroidered area of the block onto it. I can see through the tracing paper to center it onto the embroidered block before trimming the block to size for the added borders. Since the embroidery seems to draw in the fabric some, this way I can make sure the block will be the correct size before trimming and adding the borders.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 272 users online. 0 members and 272 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X