No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

How do Temples correspond to overall pattern?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do Temples correspond to overall pattern?

My favorite method of applique is traditional freezer paper with a turned edge, hand sewn. I have my freezer paper shapes, Pattern-eaze for accuracte placement, and background fabric ready. However, I'm having difficulty figuring out which fabric to use for the pieces. The pattern pieces used in the instructions are coded for your Feather Template, and I'm not sure how that corresponds to the overall pattern. For example, in Red 22018, where is 1-2 in the overall pattern? If I knew where it was in the overall pattern, I could chose the correct pattern piece from my freezer paper to use. Perhaps I'm missing something, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your replies. I used the picture to guess which fabric was used for each piece. Since there were only three fabrics, it was pretty easy. Could have been much clearer: an overall pattern could have had the template numbers on it, or even better would be an overall pattern with fabrics on it. Guess I'll continute to guess for the next two months.

That is a good point. I was looking at the smaller pieces yesterday wondering which one went where for sure.

Comment

I am glad to see other people are not understanding what goes where. Hopefully, they will give us coded applique templates ! !

Comment

The information is there I found I just needed to take my time and place all the pieces in separate baggies. Then keep the directions and picture right in front of me

Comment

Originally posted by mswiss
          I am glad to see other people are not understanding what goes where. Hopefully, they will give us coded applique templates ! !
          I printed out the directions and made my own coded page. I keep all the pieces in labled baggies and I wrote the number on back of the pieces. When I made the first one , I just transfered the codes from the back of the design to the printed page. It makes it go so much faster.. Loving the full blown embroidery design!

Comment

I did the same after scratching my head for about an hour! I just decided to write my own numbers on each shape of the paper pattern, then I transferred those same #s to my fabric pieces. I colored the paper pattern with pencils, then made a master with the pencil colors below the actual fabrics I'm using. I'm doing traditional needle-turn applique, so I just wrote the #s on the pieces with my chalk pencil. I know, traditional needle-turn on nine huge blocks is a little crazy, but I guess that's me, Crazy in Colorado!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 351 users online. 0 members and 351 guests.

Most users ever online was 354 at 04:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X