June instructions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

June instructions

Pdf file is giving an error.

Me too! I've sent an email to technical support.

Comment

No templates either? I downloaded the embroidery files from Sarah , which are really nice. Not that I am ready for this month , but still would like to see what's what with it.. :?

Comment

I just opened and downloaded the instructions and templates.

Comment

The instructions are available, but I am now confused. on page 9, last full paragraph reads "The designs provided have been formatted so that they can be stitched out using a 5x7 hoop. To take advantage of a larger hoop and the full capability of your embroidery machine, consider purchasing the full blown "embroidered applique" designs."

This reads to me as if there are free designs for the 5x7 hoop, but if you want to do a larger hoop, you need to pay. I am just over reading this? I did purchase the designs this morning before going to work, but have not downloaded them and so don't know what the purchased designs consist of.

Maggie in E. Central Illinois, very frustrated as I am not going to be able to work on this until next Tuesday!!! :x

Comment

Printed the instructions and templates but I'm not understanding about the embroidery designs on Sarah's site. I may be misunderstanding about the designs as I was under the impression that they were free for the 5x7 hoop. Can anybody please clarify for me? I started month 1 on the 23rd of May, just finished month 2 and in the process of joining 1 and 2, noticing there is an awful lot of bulk in the seam line to join to the circle of month 1. The directions state to press seams toward the applique on month 2 I'm confused. Any help/suggestions? Thanks ladies, I am loving, loving, loving this project. Hopefully I can finish it.

Comment

I'm upset with the June templates. I'm on disability and death benefits and I don't have one of those Accuquilt cutters. Sarah says you can cut out the appliques but she doesn't give us the templates. Bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by bopciaof5
                I'm upset with the June templates. I'm on disability and death benefits and I don't have one of those Accuquilt cutters. Sarah says you can cut out the appliques but she doesn't give us the templates. Bummer!
                When you open up the templates provided for Month 6, you will see that the full-size applique' pieces are there and you can use those to cut out your applique' pieces by hand. You should be okay. Hope this helps.

Comment

Sarah's site has the more typical embroidery from Sarah, that you have to pay for (the full blown one). I understood or misunderstood, that an emboridery file for standard satin stitch would be available with this month with the BOM.

Comment

Originally posted by bopciaof5
                    I agree about the templates, it was the same with the Hugs and Kisses quilt 2 yrs ago. You have to trace the pieces off of the pattern block which can get tricky where two pieces of paper have been joined together. I have a go cutter, but I'm not going to use it, the dies are too expensive. I haven't even found #1 and #2 is $54.00, if you bought both it would be over $100.00! I'm going to use freezer paper templates and hand applique them on, I like the look better than the machine applique.

Comment

The $54 is actually a really good price for the size of the dies and the number of things you can do with them.
                      You can use them not only for this BOM quilt, but also Sarah's Jazzilicious collection and her Heather Feather collection.
                      To me, $100 for the two dies would be completely worth it to not have to cut all of that applique by hand! And the fact that you can make three quilts with them is even better!
                      <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com">http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Originally posted by lsipes
                        The $54 is actually a really good price for the size of the dies and the number of things you can do with them.
                        You can use them not only for this BOM quilt, but also Sarah's Jazzilicious collection and her Heather Feather collection.
                        To me, $100 for the two dies would be completely worth it to not have to cut all of that applique by hand! And the fact that you can make three quilts with them is even better!
                        I agree. I budgeted the price for all three and spread it out over two months, that way I did not take the hit all at once. You can find some good sales on the cutter. Knowing I really wanted to do this quilt , the Heather Feather and Jazzilicious I just planned ahead and got really lucky as the dies went on sale at my local quilt store. There is another quilt store that sells the dies for 30% off and I bought some more. So far I do NOT regret spending the money for the cutter at all and I was not cutting out a ton of little circles by hand also a driving force when considering doing this quilt! I also have a quilt store that will cut for you on their Studio for free. Just my 2 cents.
                        <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com">http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

Comment

I do agree that all the dies, although varying in price, are a rather expensive purchase,(Even more so in the UK) However, I do try to budget and will treat myself to one or two when I can afford them. I will only purchase the more intracut designs which would be difficult to cut accurately by hand. You only need to buy a dye once (hopefully) and they can be used in many of your projects I do not see them as having limitations to one or two quilts. I did purchase the two Dies for this BOM and can say that they are packed with shapes that could be used in a multitude of ways. I was really pleased with the results that the cutter and dies produced.

Comment

I have bought the designs and they are lovely and more embroidery on them than the sating stitch that are free.
                            I have started to cut out and there is a mistake with colour O. It says cut 1 stip 3 1/4 wide then cut out pieces 4 3/4 by 3 1/2 You need to cut strip 3 1/2. I wasted my fusable so thought I would let you all know. I am changing the colurs in my hearts so hope I don't run out further into the quilt. Will worry about that then.

Comment

Initially I wasn't going to do the "full blown" embroidery for June then I started trying to embellish on the "satin stitch" only and it struck me that I was trying to recreate something that has already been created and would probably take me a lot long to do. So I bit the bullet and purchased Sarah's design for June. After ready more of the description of the designs, Sarah had a note stating that for those of us that purchased all 4 sets of designs she will have a bonus of additional designs that can be used on other things. I have to finish up May (mo. 5) and then I'm going to start on my Embroidery. Hope I can get both months completed before July starts.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 203 users online. 0 members and 203 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X