[vb_main_1]

accucut Go

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

accucut Go

I have been fondly looking at the Go cutting system but have a question. Do the dies cut a shape and allow for a seam allowance around the shape or do the dies cut the exact measurement? If I cut a shape would I have to do a raw edge applique or is there enough allowed to do needle turn? For example, if I wanted to applique a 2" circle, and I use a 2" die, will the die cut 21/8, or 2/14 or will it cut exaclty 2" or would I have to use a die the next size larger then 2" and then mark a turn line?

When the die says it cuts a 2" circle, that's exactly what it cuts. Nothing added for seam allowance. The die has a 2", 3", and 5" cutter. I raw edge applique.

Comment

I use the die to cut some Ricky Tims Stable Stuff, then use that inside my turned edge applique. You could do the same with freezer paper if you wanted to use that method.

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
        I use the die to cut some Ricky Tims Stable Stuff, then use that inside my turned edge applique. You could do the same with freezer paper if you wanted to use that method.

I never thought about cutting the patterns out with freezer paper and then trace around them. : :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Thanks for the light bulb!

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas about using Stable Stuff or freezer paper! Your info helped me know that I could still do my favorite applique method and still use all of those dies. I got my Go cutter and am ready to get busy with all those circles.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 180 users online. 0 members and 180 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X