No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Questions for Sarah - Month 2 (February)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are good colors of aurifil threads to use on the Buttons and Blooms kit? I also need to order my 28wt threads and need help with the color choice. I need color numbers since I have no color chart. This BOM is beautiful. Thank you

Comment

I'm going to have to ask Lisa about the colors she used on the B&B quilt as she made that one in its entirety - I sent her the fabric and told her what to put where, but left the thread colors up to her.

If I don't get back to you by say Wednesday, feel free to remind me! I just sent an email off to Lisa.

Sarah :-)

Comment

Okay ladies. I'm sorry for the delay in my response. I have been very, VERY busy!!! I had to find out from Alex which thread colors I started with to narrow it down which ones I used because some of the spools were gone. I used a two different tones of red, two tones of the natural colors and one blue for my applique on the Buttons & Blooms quilt. They were all 50wt. cotton mako threads and the color numbers are:

Hope this helps!
        <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com">http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Month One went together beautifully. Thank you for such good templates and directions.
          For Month Two, all the parts are sewn together and seem to be working well. My question isabout pressing directions. They say to press toward the applique blocks. The dilemma is where they meet at the edge that will be sewn to the circle from Month One. The seams coming from the opposite directions wind up bumping into each other. It looks as if it would lay better if pressed toward the diamond blocks, but I'm worried that might make a problem at a future step. Please advise. :?:
          <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com">http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Carolyn,

I had to think about this pressing direction for a while! If you press the seams towards the appliqued blocks - and away from the triangle blocks - the squares that are added in months 3, 4 and 5 go in much better. You will end up with some bulk either at the bottom (pressing seams towards the appliqued blocks) or at the top (pressing seams towards the triangle blocks). It's actually easier to deal with if it's at the bottom. It might not make too much sense now, but I think it will when you start adding the blocks made in month 3.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi Sarah

I am having a hard time fitting the month 1 circle inside the month two circle. The blue triangles end up with little gathers so it won't lie flat. My mother, an expert, says i need to adjust the month 2 circle. Apparently I, a beginner, was not careful enough attaching the blue triangles to the diamonds at the bottom points. So I am taking it apart to try again- any tips for making sure the corners of the blue triangles on the inner circle are laying right to get the correct circumference?

Comment

Keeping the paper foundation on and lining the seams up exactly using the corners as the primary alignment helps a lot. It may actually be that the circle that you are trying to put in is too small - it should measure 17" across (16.5" + 0.5" for seam allowances). Make sure that you have stay stitched around the bottom edge of the triangles (the part that forms the circle when the triangles and the month 2 blocks are stitched together). Use lots of pins!

Hope this helps!

Comment

No question, just a thank you to Sarah and The Quilt Show! This is not the type of quilt I would have ever attempted on my own, but so far so good! I am enjoyingthe nudge to challenge myself, and to work outside of my usual stye. The tips and pointers shared are much appreciated.

Comment

I have just finished month two. Only one pucker to fix after putting month two onto month one so was very pleased. It looks great and I am very pleased with it. The black in the photo is navy. Hope it comes out OK as I have never put a photo onto the forum before.Maree

Comment

Your colors are just wonderful! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by maree7316
                        I have just finished month two. Only one pucker to fix after putting month two onto month one so was very pleased. It looks great and I am very pleased with it. The black in the photo is navy. Hope it comes out OK as I have never put a photo onto the forum before.Maree
                        Looks great!
                        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                        working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
                        Tired. 
                        Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                        Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Maree, I really like the way it turned out! Renata

Comment

looking fabulous maree, wow
                            i really will have to make this quilt too - just wish i could find some way to give each day a few extra hours :roll:

Comment

You are making a very spectacular quilt, Maree. I'm with Lotti. You have just about convinced me that I have to find a few more hours in the week ~ maybe I don't need as much sleep as I think...

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Your quilt looks beautiful. I am enjoying it too. Have 3 more Month 2 to do and then I'll see if mine fits together nicely.

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 329 users online. 0 members and 329 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X