[vb_main_1]

Month Six (June) Ruffled Roses

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month Six (June) Ruffled Roses

FYI just a small error I have found on the last page of June's instructions, it shows 14 strips but has only 13 strips in
    "Order of colours" - G2 is missing.

Taree NSW - Australia
    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Thanks Jill!!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Jill, I just finished the May pieced swags, so thanks for letting us know of that correction. I've got the pieces cut to make it, but haven't starting sewing on it yet. After I finish the June swags, then I'm going back and do May basket blocks.
      Getting lots of practice on those long seams for the swags!
      Kathy

Comment

Kathy, without trying to sort through all of the posts, which corrections are you referring to? Probably has nothing to do with my problem. I know I must be missing something in my brain, finally got to start on April's swag border, now for the life of me I don't get it, For the first strip set the size makes sense, as does for strip set 2 talking about the cutting, BUT since we have to cut 2 & 3 the exact same size, as well as sets 4 & 5, 6 & 7 and so on, HOW do we get each strip to stagger???? What am I missing, that everyone is getting right, I feel sooo stupid right about now. This is my 3rd BOM to make with Sue's instructions, but have never ran into a "brain" problem with myself. Would someone please enlighten me, so I can try and catch up? Thank you guys. Heidi

Comment

Originally posted by GRS28
          Kathy, without trying to sort through all of the posts, which corrections are you referring to? Probably has nothing to do with my problem. I know I must be missing something in my brain, finally got to start on April's swag border, now for the life of me I don't get it, For the first strip set the size makes sense, as does for strip set 2 talking about the cutting, BUT since we have to cut 2 & 3 the exact same size, as well as sets 4 & 5, 6 & 7 and so on, HOW do we get each strip to stagger???? What am I missing, that everyone is getting right, I feel sooo stupid right about now. This is my 3rd BOM to make with Sue's instructions, but have never ran into a "brain" problem with myself. Would someone please enlighten me, so I can try and catch up? Thank you guys. Heidi
          Heidi, if you will look at the picture Sue has on page 13 showing the assembled swag, you will see that after the strip sets are cross-cut into 1-1/4" units, unit#1 (the short single one) goes in the center, the units from sets2&3 are on the left and right sides respectively, then from units 4&5 are attached on opposite sides, etc to form the swag. Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks Margo, I see now what you're talking about, I had a brain freeze for sure. For some reason I could NOT get passed that point and think outside the box. Appreciate your help with this. Heidi

Comment

Originally posted by GRS28
              Thanks Margo, I see now what you're talking about, I had a brain freeze for sure. For some reason I could NOT get passed that point and think outside the box. Appreciate your help with this. Heidi
              Heidi, it took me about 5 times reading those April directions before I figured it out too. :? Once I cut the fabrics, and realized that the two non-background pieces that were cut the same size were not being sewn together, but were part of a pair of swag pieces, it made sense. The fact that they were printed "sideways" to vertical threw me off. After sewing them together, I went "Oh, right, I'm cutting them to make narrow strips to sew together to make the swag". It went pretty fast, I also did May and June swags too. The reason that the first batch was cut "wider" and May and June were cut at 4 inches, is because in April we make 4 sets of swags, and afterward only 3 per month. I must be geometry challenged! It was quite a test of quarter inch seam allowances too. :shock:

Kathy

Comment

Thank you for pointing this out, Jill. I've added your post to my file for RR. I'm still working on January :shock: :roll: ops:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Eileen, don't worry, I'm still keeping you company. ops: ops: ops:

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

And I haven't even started yet, so Eileen and Pam, you're both waaaaay ahead of me! But soon ...

Comment

Originally posted by RGold
                      And I haven't even started yet, so Eileen and Pam, you're both waaaaay ahead of me! But soon ...
                      "God willing and the creek don't rise" :!: :!: :wink:

Comment

when i printed the first one in was in black and white and I have to go back and do the center color again so this month I printed it in color

Comment

Eileen, I haven't heard that expression. :lol: :lol: My dear old Mum sometime used to say 'If the Lord spare's me' but in such a dramatic voice it used to crack us all up.

Comment

Originally posted by pam7040
                            Eileen, I haven't heard that expression. :lol: :lol: My dear old Mum sometime used to say 'If the Lord spare's me' but in such a dramatic voice it used to crack us all up.
                            My mother used to say "Give me strength" in a dramatic voice and remembering that make me smile today!! I think our mothers were sistas!! :wink:

Comment

Margo, I haven't used that expression for a while, but I seem to recall using it when the kids were in their teens. :roll: :roll:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X