Month Five Paperpiece Pattern

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month Five Paperpiece Pattern

Good morning everyone,
    Has somebody else had a problem printing the paper piece pattern? My printer asked for A4 paper and since I don't have that the pattern did not come out correct. Any help would be appreciated.
    Have a great day,
    Barbara

Originally posted by bamidance
    Good morning everyone,
    Has somebody else had a problem printing the paper piece pattern? My printer asked for A4 paper and since I don't have that the pattern did not come out correct. Any help would be appreciated.
    Have a great day,
    Barbara
    Barbara, if you will follow Sue's directions on page 5 you will see that you do not need any special paper to print the foundations. You just need to be sure that the "scaling" on your printer is set to "0" or "no scaling" or something similar. The test square on the first page of foundations must measure exactly 1" x 1".
    I don't know why your printer would ask for a special paper.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks, Margo.
      I had paid attention to the "no scaling" yesterday, but when I tried it again the print screen had also the box checked "Choose paper size by PDF size" which then showed the measurements for A4. After I unchecked that box it printed correctly. Hope this makes sense, in case somebody else runs into the same problem. It had never happened to me before and I was using the same printer for previous months.
      Have a great day,
      Barbara

Comment

Good for you Barbara! Glad it's working now!

Comment

My one inch block was not the correct size either and I made sure it said print at 100%. So I don't know what to do to fix it to get the correct size.

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
            My one inch block was not the correct size either and I made sure it said print at 100%. So I don't know what to do to fix it to get the correct size.

If your foundations are printing out at the wrong size, until I can contact Sue and figure out what's going on, please try to use your copier to get the scale right.

If it's printing out too small, try copying the page you have printed out at 108% and see if that gets the test square to measure 1" x 1". Keep tweaking the percentage until it's right on your printer/copier.

Sorry for the problems.....I'll get back with you.

Comment

I'm not ready for May but I printed the page and measured the test square at the top right of the 1" and 2" Half-Square Triangles' page. Mine measured at the proper 1 inch size. (if you have it, select NONE to page scaling.)

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
              <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Originally posted by ladyquilter
                I'm not ready for May but I printed the page and measured the test square at the top right of the 1" and 2" Half-Square Triangles' page. Mine measured at the proper 1 inch size. (if you have it, select NONE to page scaling.)

I have no idea why mine printed out fine the first time, but when I tried it today it was off! :roll:
                Sue is going to check on it tonight, but she also doesn't understand why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

At any rate....just be sure to check the 1" test square, and if it's not exactly right, try copying that printed sheet at different percentages until you can get it to measure correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Margo, do you have a check mark in the "auto-rotate and center" area? It's directly below the page scaling option. On my printer, if I have that selected and even if I have none selected for scale, I get a smaller page so everything is too small. Gotta love computers and printers...especially when they have a mind of their own.

P.S. Also, check your printer selections. If I go to Page, Setup in my printer setup area, I have similar selections to what Adobe has. If you have this area set to fit-to-page, it may override the Adobe instructions you are trying to set.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                  <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Originally posted by ladyquilter
                    Margo, do you have a check mark in the "auto-rotate and center" area? It's directly below the page scaling option. On my printer, if I have that selected and even if I have none selected for scale, I get a smaller page so everything is too small. Gotta love computers and printers...especially when they have a mind of their own.

P.S. Also, check your printer selections. If I go to Page, Setup in my printer setup area, I have similar selections to what Adobe has. If you have this area set to fit-to-page, it may override the Adobe instructions you are trying to set.

Good point JoJo. I've been having trouble with my computer lately and probably need to re-install Adobe. They can certainly be frustrating!!

EDITED: OK...I have re-installed Adobe Reader's latest version and was able to print exactly to scale.

Select Print from the File drop-down menu.
                    Be sure that scaling is set to "none"
                    Be sure that Auto-Rotate and Center is NOT checked.
                    Be sure that Choose paper source by PDF page size is NOT checked.

Comment

Yay!

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR

Comment

I didn't see a category for month 5 so since mine is paper pieced I am adding it here. I'm not doing the baskets so was able to complete the full border over the weekend. I just needed one more hour today to finish it. I used the same paper piecing technique as my four-patch border tutorial, except the squares for the four-patch blocks were fussy cut from a large floral print and I didn't have to miter the border, which is the only border on this quilt that won't be mitered. The border is 2 1/4" wide and the quilt now measures 18" finished. The flower blocks were made by cutting 4 squares of the same flower, cutting them into 4 pieces, then sewing 4 like pieces together in a pinwheel fashion. I practiced on a few first until I got the finished flowers to measure the right size. I wish the floral fabric had a little of that brighter polk-a-dot pink in it. I will use some of it in the next borders so maybe that will help pull it all together.

Comment

WOW!! Annis that looks great, and it put you WAY ahead of the game!! WTG!!!

Comment

Beautiful Annis!

Comment

Annis, I am completely in awe of your creativity. That quilt is so beautiful! You can see that it is related to the original but interpreted in a new way. You're inspiring!
                              Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 30 users online. 0 members and 30 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X