[vb_main_1]

Month 3 - Swags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 3 - Swags

In case it's useful to anyone else, I printed out four copies of the swag sheet on Stable Stuff. Then I took a four new sheets of S/S, folded each one in three, and stapled each one around but underneath the printed swag on one of the four copies. Was then able to cut out the four sets of four. Did this for each, meaning used eight sheets of S/S rather than sixteen, only printed four and in effect only had to cut out four.

Good tip Margie! Thanks!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I'm a very visual learner Margie. Do you have pictures of what you did?

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Well, no, because all done. Perhaps if you think of it in terms of just one printout on S/S. Take a spare sheet, fan fold it in three and you'll see that that folded piece can sit comfortably behind the swag outline, with space to spare. In that space I just clicked here and there with the stapler, then just cut around one half of the two swag set, then the remaining swag, which was still held firm by the staples. So you've cut through four sheets of S/S at the one time.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
        Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by MargieN
          In case it's useful to anyone else, I printed out four copies of the swag sheet on Stable Stuff. Then I took a four new sheets of S/S, folded each one in three, and stapled each one around but underneath the printed swag on one of the four copies. Was then able to cut out the four sets of four. Did this for each, meaning used eight sheets of S/S rather than sixteen, only printed four and in effect only had to cut out four.
          Margie, thanks for the great tip! It always gratifying to be able to save time and still have a quality product.

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Margie, I appreciate your suggestion! Thanks....

Now I have a request. Not just for you, but for anyone posting about the Ruffled Roses BOM. In an effort to keep all the information for each month together in one place, please don't start a "NEW TOPIC", but just put your question and/or suggestions in the topic that I've already started for each pertinent month. That will make it much easier for someone looking for any information about the BOM to locate it, especially if they come to the party late!! :wink:

THANKS!

Comment

It has been very slow going (I only sew in the evenings), but I finally have all four borders of swags, sewn down. I will now start with my vines, flowers and hearts. I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this applique. I have changed my applique a bit, taking out a few things, and adding something different....but basically, I am following Sue's pattern.

Comment

I'm slowly working on this project. I did finish the swags. I was so worried about getting all the pieces to fit; but it did and I love it!!!

Comment

Oh Terry - it is fabulous. The colors simply glow. This quilt is going to be amazing.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                  <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Terry, it is a long road but you're past one of the most difficult spots. your fabrics are beautiful- it looks like spring! Keep at it, slow is going to get it done. Kathy

Comment

Thanks JoJo and Kathy! It helps that JoJo is working on this project too. She has helped me loads!!!

Comment

Well done Terry, it looks great. I was trying to think of what came next? I think it's those little 4-patch on point thingys. I went badly wrong with those as my 1/4" seam guide wasn't! So I ended up out by 3 whole inches! You probably know this already but check your 1/4" is really that before you begin. There was also something in the instructions that was a little confusing at this point but I can't remember what it was. (That's a great help isn't it :roll: ) Anyway, good luck with the next step.

Comment

Terry, it looks wonderful!!

Comment

Terry -

That's so beautiful! You are now officially ahead of me on this one. I'm still in the middle of appliquing the swags, but don't know when I'll get back to this one.

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                              Well done Terry, it looks great. I was trying to think of what came next? I think it's those little 4-patch on point thingys. I went badly wrong with those as my 1/4" seam guide wasn't! So I ended up out by 3 whole inches! You probably know this already but check your 1/4" is really that before you begin. There was also something in the instructions that was a little confusing at this point but I can't remember what it was. (That's a great help isn't it :roll: ) Anyway, good luck with the next step.
                              Rita is right, next border is the most challenging in this quilt. Check the size of the four patches before sewing them into the border. Mine is hanging on the design wall mounted with this border and the rest of the quilt impatiently waiting in a box. I have had so much else to do, but I really don't like when I can't finish my project, so you bet I will come to it - hopefully soon.

living in Central Denmark
                              Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 36 users online. 0 members and 36 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X